Maintenace Items like Oil Change Procedures -- Searching for INFO - Page 6 - Kia Niro Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 12:24 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyherm View Post
Does anyone know how to change the engine clutch actuator fluid? When I log onto the Kia Owners website and look at the maintenance section for the Kia Niro, you can look at the schedule and associated dealer costs. For me, it shows the 22,500 service to be $138.85 and includes an oil change, tire rotation and changing the engine clutch actuator fluid. A tire rotation and oil change is $48.90, so I'm guessing just changing the actuator fluid is about $90 and I would think it's simple, but I can't find any guide on doing it.
Wondering if you ever found the answer. Just about to hit 22,500 with mine. Can't find it anywhere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 01:07 PM

Only dealers have the special pump and software required (and not all of them made the investment).

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #53 of 58 (permalink) Old 01-31-2019, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
Only dealers have the special pump and software required (and not all of them made the investment).

Thanks for that info. I thought it would be just a simple drain and fill, I guess it's more involved? I thought all dealers would have to have everything required to service any model, no?

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #54 of 58 (permalink) Old 02-20-2019, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

I am near ready to change oil again Dealer did the first one.

I did the second and had to borrow oil filter wrench from neighbor cause the KIA Brand filter is a bit larger diameter than the one I had (mine is for FRAM Filter). Filter was very tight and so was the Pan Plug (used a breaker bar cause couldn't get a good position crawling under car to use normal wrench)

Third change done by dealer as had a coupon for like $9 change -- then they charged me $18 (irritated cause I called there and the girl went and asked service if the charge was only the $9 -- answered my question, then charged me more). Stuff like that gripes me.

I will be doing the fourth with procedure I posted on here when I did the 2nd change and also another poster posted his procedure. Pictures as well.

IN CASE anyone is hunting for a procedure.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #55 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Did my second oil Change (23,047 miles) -- 4th for the car as dealer did the 1st and third, I did 2nd.

Total cost $35.72 with one quart oil left over. WALMART purchase 5 quart container of VALVOLINE 0w-20 Synthetic @ $22.97 and FRAM XG9688 Filter @ $9.63 ---- plus tax on both.

Easier this time than last time, but I still fiddled around near 2 hours getting things together and out of the basement up to the garage, putting car on board ramps and putting everything back in basement when done.

I borrowed in advance the neighbors wrench that fits the KIA Oil Filter which was installed by the dealer on 3rd oil change (The KIA filter takes a bigger wrench than the one I have for the FRAM filters).

I had in hand the 10MM socket (for removing cover shields) and 17MM socket (for removing pan nut), as well as a 3 inch extension, and ratchet and non-ratchet wrenches with drives to fit the sockets and the oil filter wrench.

The oil filter and pan nut were tight again, but not as bad as the last time I did oil change 2 after dealer had done oil change 1 (a gorilla tightened down the oil filter and drain plug - GROAN).

Put the car on board ramps (3 high 2 x 8s) which is barely enough to get under the car.

Repeat pictures I posted on my second oil change.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9149.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	4755   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9151.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	4757   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9152_LI.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	4759   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN9154.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	4761  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #56 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 05:55 PM

I like my car to be level when I change the oil I can't tell in the pics if the rear of your car is up also. Tilted could not allow all the oil to drain out.
post #57 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

I think that all depends. On my Ford Edge, the drain point was at the back of the oil pan, so if you had the front elivated, you would get the oil out more complete and also faster.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #58 of 58 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 02:51 PM

I’m pretty sure the niro is in the front. When you go to a oil change place they normally lift the car up and it’s level. Probably not much oil in it anyways but I like mine level.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page