transmission hiccup - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By roblatham
  • 1 Post By Jay

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-05-2017, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

transmission hiccup

One of those annoying "went away on its own" problems, but I'll start a thread just in case anyone else has this happen to them:

The Niro started acting funny as I was merging onto a highway. It had trouble gaining speed but once we got up to speed things seemed better.

The next morning the check engine light came on during commute to work and the UVO diagnostics said something was off with the transmission control. By the time I got it to the dealer, the light had gone out and the car was driving normally again.

The dealer says a code "P074B73" (difficulty shifting into 3rd gear) was in the history. He did an actuation test, lug alignment, a gear actuator reference check, a dtc learning action and drove the car for 37 miles.
eburckha likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-06-2017, 09:37 AM

Interesting and nothing like an intermittent problem (nice that it is fixed without a major down time, but makes one wonder when and how bad the next time).

Also, wonder if transmission may be related to some of the other jerky, stutter, whatever symptoms when driving.

Mine seems to have a bit of that (negligible, but makes me worry a little).

The one major event on this Forum reported to be engine misfire and latest was a guy getting a new car to replace the new car. However, a lot of aggravation o his part dealing with it.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 03:12 PM

Sadly we have something very similar :-(

Our 2017 Niro is only 4 months old.
It has already been in to Kia Service for sluggish performance and hesitant or stuck or missed gear changes/revs, and the Orange Engine Light on.
This was at about 1400 miles.
It went into the Service Dept at Kia. for 5 full days ... they said they could not find anything wrong, so they updated the latest software firmware.
Seemed OK after that.

We are now away on holiday and it's started again today at 1800 miles, only worse.
We stopped for 30 minutes, but that made no difference.
We went to a local Kia dealership [it's Sunday, service is closed] and their Sales chaps gave it a quick drive and when they came back it was OK as regards the semi-hesitant weird gear/rev changes.
I would say this is happening around 2nd to 3rd gear with the petrol engine, maybe also 5th gear too...
The Orange light was still on, which they said was only an advisory alert.

I also suspect it is using the electric less and less also ... something is awry here :-(

Having had this issue twice now, and reading this Forum, I do not think this vehicle model is perfected yet.

We will call our local Kia. Service in the morning, the ones who had it last and could find nothing... but I can only see this situation escalating as this issue is not right at all.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redleader View Post
Sadly we have something very similar :-(

Our 2017 Niro is only 4 months old.
It has already been in to Kia Service for sluggish performance and hesitant or stuck or missed gear changes/revs, and the Orange Engine Light on.
This was at about 1400 miles.
It went into the Service Dept at Kia. for 5 full days ... they said they could not find anything wrong, so they updated the latest software firmware.
Seemed OK after that.

We are now away on holiday and it's started again today at 1800 miles, only worse.
We stopped for 30 minutes, but that made no difference.
We went to a local Kia dealership [it's Sunday, service is closed] and their Sales chaps gave it a quick drive and when they came back it was OK as regards the semi-hesitant weird gear/rev changes.
I would say this is happening around 2nd to 3rd gear with the petrol engine, maybe also 5th gear too...
The Orange light was still on, which they said was only an advisory alert.

I also suspect it is using the electric less and less also ... something is awry here :-(

Having had this issue twice now, and reading this Forum, I do not think this vehicle model is perfected yet.

We will call our local Kia. Service in the morning, the ones who had it last and could find nothing... but I can only see this situation escalating as this issue is not right at all.
I hope you get quick solutions to your problems. Keep us up to date here.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 05:45 PM
Jay

Good luck. When you find the resolution, please update the thread. roblatham never came back to his thread which is no help to anybody.
bicepeak likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page