Costco Auto Program - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By tigerucla

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Costco Auto Program

Has anyone tried using the Costco Auto program to purchase a PHEV Niro? It is a listed vehicle on their site, however I am unclear on how, if any, "deal" will be offered considering the Niro PHEV appears to sell fairly well even in Georgia. In general I am also curious whether the Niro EV will be listed once available, and if any discount will be valid via Costco Auto.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 08:46 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphawk88 View Post
Has anyone tried using the Costco Auto program to purchase a PHEV Niro? It is a listed vehicle on their site, however I am unclear on how, if any, "deal" will be offered considering the Niro PHEV appears to sell fairly well even in Georgia. In general I am also curious whether the Niro EV will be listed once available, and if any discount will be valid via Costco Auto.
We used the Costco program to buy our EX Premium PHEV last April. We ended up getting a pretty good deal, ~$2000 under MSPR, plus $750 credit for using Kia financing. Super quick and easy which was nice considering how scarce the PHEVs were at the time.

Jim
Southern Maryland
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphEV View Post
We used the Costco program to buy our EX Premium PHEV last April. We ended up getting a pretty good deal, ~$2000 under MSPR, plus $750 credit for using Kia financing. Super quick and easy which was nice considering how scarce the PHEVs were at the time.
awesome that is what i was hoping for, thank you for the info. fingers crossed i can get the same deal with an EV model this spring/summer. did you take one off the lot or order through the dealer?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-11-2019, 11:29 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sphawk88 View Post
awesome that is what i was hoping for, thank you for the info. fingers crossed i can get the same deal with an EV model this spring/summer. did you take one off the lot or order through the dealer?
We took it off the lot. It was the only EX Premium PHEV in the Mid-Atlantic at the time. We were surprised the dealership was willing to give us the Costco discount given how hard they were to find at the time.

Jim
Southern Maryland
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 AM

I tried it, was unimpressed. Part of that might have been the dealer though. I got a better deal the old fashioned way, but it took patience and persistence, and a different dealer. And based on what I've seen others claiming on this forum, I probably could have done significantly better on price than I did, but at least I did better than the Costco deal.

2018 Niro PHEV Gravity Blue
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-13-2019, 12:57 AM

We had the same problem buying an off-lease Leaf. In Atlanta, there were a ton of base models. There were no SL's.
We had to buy from a dealer in Alabama, 140mi away. They specialized in buying the top model, and had the exact car and pearl white color we wanted. It was a fun trip home. We stopped at both Nissan dealers on the way home. With a 30min stop to charge and eat lunch (my wife drove my car, behind me), and another 15min stop to top off.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 06:27 PM

We did

We just bought one through the Costco program here in Northern California. We got a pretty good deal. Though I'm sure we could have done better by haggling with several dealers, I didn't want to go through the hassle. There weren't any LX's in the color we wanted in the Sacramento area. The dealer had to trade for one. There were a few in the Bay Area, so that's where we would have had to go to haggle. Overall, it was a very pleasant buying experience.
Dovidan and padonion like this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 07:23 AM

I got mine for 26,600 list was 29,200.. i got the state purchase rebate, and 1.9 finance.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-06-2019, 11:50 AM

paragod22 -- do you know what the dealer invoice amount was for yours? I've learned that Costco prices are all set up relative to dealer invoice, and I'm trying to figure out if the numbers I was given are legit or whether I'm being messed with. My prices appear to be invoice less $250, which is not nearly as good as other makes (Mazda 3: -$1,500, Toyota Corolla: -$700). And what model/options did you get? Thanks :-)
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2019, 07:53 AM

mine is 2019 PHEV LX , msrp was 29330 Costco price was 2193 off and 500 off if you low-cost finance through the dealer which they started playing games because it was on the website at 1.9 for 60 months they said it was 2.9 for 60 months because it could be combined with the Costco price when I did it so it was 26637.00 . I started walking out got 1.9 % and they added another 500 to my trade-in value. the other thing is the dealer fee is only 75 so they can start adding stupid fees