Roof racks for cargo, bikes etc. - Page 3 - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-25-2017, 04:50 PM

Thule now has fittings in North America!

https://www.thule.com/en-us/ca/roof-rack?q=jvrvrpWhx

Thule SquareBar 50"
Thule Podium Foot Pack
KIT4076
Thule Square Load Bar Pair: Heavy-Duty steel Square Bars are galvanized and plastic-coated to resist corrosion. Thule Podium Foot Pack 460: Rapid Podium Foot Pack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbnx View Post
Thule now has fittings in North America!

Thule SquareBar 50"
Thule Podium Foot Pack
KIT4076
Thule Square Load Bar Pair: Heavy-Duty steel Square Bars are galvanized and plastic-coated to resist corrosion. Thule Podium Foot Pack 460: Rapid Podium Foot Pack
Had the Thule system priced out at a shop here in Toronto... Almost $700CDN before taxes.

The Kia USA website show what appears to be the entire system (footings and bar) for $300USD. Anyone have the factory system? Does it lock?
post #23 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 03:17 PM

the fittings for the rails arrived .. I was able to use my existing bars (the $700 priced out probably includes bars). I was able to transfer the locks from my previous fittings.
Prices here are Cdn (Ottawa Autoracks)

T-460
Thule Podium Foot Pack
1 249.99 H 249.99

t-fitkit
Thule Fit Kit/Podium Fit Kit
1 129.99 H 129.99

all my existing attachments obviously work (bike racks, canoe racks, cargo box).
Install is super-easy and looks pretty darn solid .. now I can carry stuff on on roof!
post #24 of 27 (permalink) Old 12-05-2017, 07:51 PM

Good Topic.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #25 of 27 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:23 PM

Thule 4076 will it scratch the factory rails?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbrick1 View Post
Updates:

I was tired of waiting on Thule USA, so I ordered Thule fit pack 4076 from Hammersleys.com (UK based seller). The fit pack with the Podium 460 foot pack work perfectly on the Niro's flush bars. If your Thule rack bars are not square (like mine) you will need a different foot pack, but the Thule part 4076 is always needed.

I have used the same Thule rack on multiple vehicles over many years and on the Niro it is just as stable as any other. As always, I would NEVER travel at highway speed without front/rear tie downs. In the picture, I used my old standby of Sherpak hood/fender straps ($7) at Amazon with tow eye on the back.

However, I now have two tow eyes/hooks, I will plan on using them on both on front and back. The tow eyes are easier than than the fender straps, no knots to tie, just click tight and go.

Glad to answer any questions about my setup or Thule parts needed.
Do you think removing the Thule cross bars frequently will scratch the factory rails? I'm looking at options for a rack. There's a U.K. Based set of crossbars made by Bragan sold on eBay they lock and are an aero design. $180 shipped or so. Anyone try them?
post #26 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-14-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citytrikeguy View Post
Do you think removing the Thule cross bars frequently will scratch the factory rails? I'm looking at options for a rack. There's a U.K. Based set of crossbars made by Bragan sold on eBay they lock and are an aero design. $180 shipped or so. Anyone try them?
Sorry for the delay...

No, Over the last 2 years I've put my bars on and off many times. No scratches on the factory rails. They are silver and would hide them well anyway.

Very satisfied with the Thule adapters I purchased, which are now available from US based sellers.
post #27 of 27 (permalink) Old 02-15-2019, 09:49 AM

I concur - no scratches. I don't leave my bars on when not using them Takes about 5-10 minutes to put on and about 3 minutes to take off. Saves on getting a ton of Cdn salt corroding the fittings as well. (oh yes and fuel economy). Thule fittings/bars are excellent have never had any problems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page