Fuelly? - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 11:41 PM

I am on fuelly. Kia niro lx phev. Jwbj. Getting nearly 58 mpg after 1300 mi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 03:12 AM

See my sig...donít drive a lot but ready for another fill in a couple days. Yes IMO the onboard computer runs high in the MPG reporting. Iíd say itís 3 mpg high. Will check again on my next fill. I keep notes on my pump receipt.

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 05:34 PM

Wink mileage

I have been averaging 60 miles a gallon for the last two months
post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 07-21-2018, 12:27 PM

So hereís my latest Fuelly. Up from the last fill which was a road trip out of town. This current fill is about 2.x mpg higher than the onboard computer was saying. I forgot to note it on my gas receipt...doh! Iirc it was saying 49.x and Fuelly says 47.4, so not too off this time. Itís still a help in letting a driver know the current ballpark

2018 Niro Touring "Rich Espresso"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-08-2018, 12:09 PM

I almost never drive mine on gas. What is the best way to calculate fuel economy like that? Fuelly only really works if you drive exclusively on gas for a while.
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jared Styles View Post
I almost never drive mine on gas. What is the best way to calculate fuel economy like that? Fuelly only really works if you drive exclusively on gas for a while.
I was wondering the same thing. I filled up at the end of a long trip even though the tank wasn't empty just so that I could see what the MPG was running as a hybrid (the EV-only was depleted). Fuelly tells me I got 51.2. Pretty happy with that.

I suspect we will have to do some math to separately calculate the mileage we are getting from the electricity we are pouring in versus the gasoline we are pouring in. Fuelly doesn't have that feature yet.

2018 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium - Aurora Black
post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-11-2018, 09:02 AM
Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
I had to look up the fuel tank capacity too, 11.8 US Gal.

My anecdotal fuel milage;
51.5 on 50 mile test drive.
49.8 on 98 mile drive home with new Niro.
60.6 coming home from work (tailwind) :-)

My overall mileage reset when I bought gas but I think we will experience around 47+ eventually... the wife has a lead foot. LOL
Even with her lead foot your saving lots of gas compared to your last vehicle I would bet.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 07:27 PM

I'm in

Tom's Niro (Kia Niro) | Fuelly

post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 10:03 PM

I get horrible gas mileage on my Niro. All winter long it was 29-38 MPG. The ONLY reason I bought the Niro was because of its alleged good gas mileage. I have a 60 mike commute to work. I’ve complained over and over to the dealer and the dealer does and says nothing. It was good for the first 2 months. I drove from Omaha to Oklahoma this weekend and averaged 39.
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-20-2018, 08:10 AM

I picked up my Niro in the dead of winter and my first fill was 42 mpg, but included fast interstate trips at 75 mph. Until May, never got above 50 mpg. Now I'm getting 58 mpg in hot weather not exceeding 65 mpg. I also have the base narrow tires.

If you have the heavier model with the wide tires, getting low forties with high speed commutes is expected. Thirties is really bad! Are you leaving it in Sport mode? Still, I bet it is better than your last car presumably driven similarly.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page