Flat tire options - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 11:32 AM

Garage
I carry a "Extra" Craftsman Model # 75120 tire inflator. Store it in the deep pocket on the left side of the trunk. I will use the "factory" inflator + tire goop as my seconed choice. A we can monitor the Individual tire pressure on our dash, the should suffice for most tire problems except major tire damage. Kia Niro = MSPM ( Most smiles per mile )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:18 PM

Thanks everyone for the information on the tire situation AND that a full-size tire will fit! My husband took our Kia to our favorite tire store and bought a full size tire and it fits in the hole. We took one big trip with nothing but what the car came with, but for our next trip, later this month, we will have a real spare. Not a matching spare, but good enough to do whatever we want. We live in Texas and in the 12 years we've been here we've had more tire issues than my entire lifetime before moving here and I'm in my 70s. No place to be without a spare! Kia Niro 2018 EX.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 05:58 PM

I can verify that a full-sized 16" spare fits as I currently have one for my 2018 Niro. Have to remove all of the styrofoam and get the correct rim for the Niro. The website: wheel-size.com is a great help for this. Entered the Niro info, it gave me the various wheel sizes and specs. Entered the spec info into the tab that lists vehicles with the same rims and discovered that the 2007-2010 Chrysler Sebring had rims with the same specifications. Bought one for $35 from the local auto used parts yard and a new tire for $65. So for $100 I've got a full-sized spare tire. Cover fits flat with no problems. The right rim is important to make sure when installed it doesn't rub the brakes or other car components.
Roy likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page