Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Hitch and air bags in rear suspension

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Tgm?1959 
#1 ·
I had 1 1/4" hitch installed in 2018 Niro (I could have done it myself since there was no 'cut-out' of the rear panel) for a bike rack. Neither the rack nor one bike on the rack interfered with the rear sensors (I have all the safety features and sensors available). Since I am a snowbird and usually manage 2000-2500 miles and several days of travel (some always it seems at night) with 200-400 pounds of gear plus spouse and me, I am concerned about tipping the front end up due to rear end weight. I had inflatable airbags installed in the rear coils springs, as I did with my Prius v. I measure the height of the wheel wells before loading and then inflate the bags so the height is the same as unloaded. When not loaded I deflate to a low pressure but still feel a stabilizing influence when on a rough road or a road with dips. :D

#3 ·
Company I used was AIR LIFT. Product is 'Air LIft 1000.' Company not list a Niro. But, I took up their invitation to measure the coil springs for inside diameter and height. Of their products, I purchased either kit #60901 or 60902 - I can't find actual order slip. Phone # is 800 248 0892.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.