Anyone interested in stock rims for full size spare? - Kia Niro Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter

Anyone interested in stock rims for full size spare?

Hello,

I recently installed new 16" rims on my new EX, replacing the stock 16" rims that come on the EX (black 5 spoke covered by plastic hub). I am thinking of using one for a full size spare tire, but would have three other rims available if anyone is interested in doing the same.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-25-2018, 10:25 PM

i would be interested in one. Where are you located? How much would you want?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

I am guessing that you are in a southern state that doesn't really have winter. I am in the process of finding two sets of 4 rims for mine and my wifes new Niro to get winter tires on. After driving with all seasons only for most of my driving life, I got real snows for my last car and wow what a difference. Now that we are replacing that car with the Niro (and getting my wife a new car too) it only makes sense to get actual snow tires too.
Neanderthal likes this.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-29-2018, 03:47 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill401 View Post
I am guessing that you are in a southern state that doesn't really have winter. I am in the process of finding two sets of 4 rims for mine and my wifes new Niro to get winter tires on. After driving with all seasons only for most of my driving life, I got real snows for my last car and wow what a difference. Now that we are replacing that car with the Niro (and getting my wife a new car too) it only makes sense to get actual snow tires too.
No kidding. My brother convinced me. I tried it and never ever going back. The lady that runs the tire store that I buy tires at said she figured all you needed to do was give someone 1 set of snow tires and they'd be sold for life. She hasn't offered to give me them though! Anyway buying a complete second set of rims and will just swap out winter/summer. Realistically the only extra cost is the rims since you'd be wearing out tires regardless. And the second set of rims saves you the mounting costs every spring/winter.
Neanderthal likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 09-30-2018, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Ever had one of those brain farts where you lie in bed at night and then come to the realization that the obvious has been sitting infront of you? My wife is trading in her really old 2006 Kia Sportage, that we are getting nothing for it as it's scrap value of $200. It has 16" Kia rims on it. Yea, the tires are the wrong size (215/65R16) but the rims sure are not. And they have the correct offset and everything. Now I have to figure out how is best to get the scrap car sort of out of the contract deal so I can simply take it to a junk yard where they will gladly give me the $150 for the vehicle without the wheels on it, and I will be up a set of 16" original KIA aloy rims for the low cost of $50.

And I bet the donut spare inside of the back would be a perfect fit for the Niro as they are smaller anyways and just for emergancy use, but would fit as the exact right size.

Last edited by Roadkill401; 09-30-2018 at 07:38 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:16 AM

I'm a firm believer in winter tires, even though I don't live in an area with bad winters. I do drive to go skiing frequently though. I'm currently figuring out what to do wheel-wise for my winter tires. I would just do it all via TireRack, but they don't have the compatible TPMS sensors. My setup must include those, so I may have to purchase things separately. I am interested in the Kia 16" wheels, but not if the price is much higher than decent aftermarket wheels.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-18-2018, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

My wifes old Kia Sportage has one of those donut spares inside the back with a jack. Sadly the wheel wrench and metal hook that fitted together to use the jack had gotten corroded with who knows what and were pretty much gone, but the jack and tire were fine. So I grabbed them both and put them to one side when we got rid of the old Sportage. Now I wonder if I should put them in the back of one of our cars as a spare. I honestly never had a flat in the 30 years of driving so i don't know if its something that is common and just luck so far.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:20 PM

Garage
I will have (4) 16 stock rims and hub caps from my new 2018 PHEV that I would sell for shipping plus a reasonable cost as I am getting new wheels for mine. Anyone interested in these let me know, as I would like to sell them as soon as my new wheels arrive and are mounted.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 08:40 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by roru View Post
I'm a firm believer in winter tires, even though I don't live in an area with bad winters.
Good thinking! They should be a state law for people that has a winter season with snow, ice, etc.. to make people install winter tires on their cars like us here in Quebec Canada.

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lafe005; 02-17-2019 at 08:42 PM.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

And I wished this state law would also require that the dealers that sell cars do so with said extra tires on rims so that we can switch them when winter arrives. And also that the garages that sell winter tires would actually stock them and be forced to sell them at a more reasonable price, rather than the jacked up over exageration prices they do. But they don't, so some of us dont buy winter tires considering that 95% of the winter, we don't have snow, and even when it does snow it is gone in 3-4 days.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page