Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Suspension lift/spacers

14K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  91cavgt 
#1 ·
Has anyone seen any sort of spacers or lift kits to elevate the car just a little bit higher? To get us the same ride height as most the other crossovers?

#4 ·
Do you need extra road clearance, view of road, or easier entry into car? If the latter two, you do know the seat has a generous amount of height adjustment? I max out mine for a better rear view (front view a bit improved), and better thigh support.

Messing with ride height with spacers can shorten tire and suspension life. I would consult an expert and not just add spacers.

#5 ·
Ditto what yitcoev said plus it will alter the handling characteristics most likely in a negative way, possibly make it less safe and would probably affect vehicle fuel efficiency by altering the aerodynamics.
Not criticizing but trying to give some food for thought before doing this to your vehicle. Realize its your car to do with what you want!

#6 ·
The Niro really isn't a crossover. It's more of a station wagon with a very minor lift. And I concur with the suggestions that adding any additional lift could have negative and unforeseen issues.

#9 ·
There is quite a bit more difference than just the ride height between the two.

Everyone's needs vary. I love my Niro but am willing to sacrifice some MPG for better ground clearance in the snow and some regularly occurring dirt roads. No one make a hybrid SUV of that scale.

Frankly, I think I'd like the look too.

#10 ·
Ideally, I'd do coil overs and raise it 1 to 1.5" (and align it) when then the snow tires go on and lower it slightly below stock in the warmer months. I'd even go up a tire size on the Blizzaks with the extra room in the fenders.

I do enough snow driving and like the look enough to make it worth while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.