Charging problems - Kia Niro Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 04:12 AM Thread Starter

Unhappy Charging problems

Hi, my wife has a Niro phev, the last two nights it hasn't taken a charge at all. We have tried on the supplied domestic charger and on our wall mounted unit, both units have power. She hasn't downloaded any apps or anything yet, but wondered if anybody else has had this issue and if so does anybody know a cure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 07:00 AM

Garage
Double check that you haven't got a scheduled charging period in the system. There's a button on the left lower side of the dash with a clock face on it for scheduled charging. Make sure it's off. Otherwise, looks like it's a trip to the dealer's service department.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 02-25-2018, 11:37 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2977 View Post
Double check that you haven't got a scheduled charging period in the system. There's a button on the left lower side of the dash with a clock face on it for scheduled charging. Make sure it's off. Otherwise, looks like it's a trip to the dealer's service department.
Thanks Mike, I'll check when she's back.
post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Unfortunately no scheduled charge planned, starts to charge then stops whether via the portable charger or the wall charger? It's booked in but looks like a reset required somewhere?
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 12:09 PM

I had the same problem in januray. Suddenly it would not charge. I tried everything.
The auto dealer had to change the power connector inside the car. But they could not answer what had happened.
The problem was reported to the Kia factory.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 03-04-2018, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lingvaldsen View Post
I had the same problem in januray. Suddenly it would not charge. I tried everything.
The auto dealer had to change the power connector inside the car. But they could not answer what had happened.
The problem was reported to the Kia factory.
Thanks lingvaldsen, the car is booked in I will report what they say.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 07:31 AM

How did you get on? Mine was with KIA last week. It had been showing a red light on the dash (usually green when charging) and wouldn't take a charge. They replaced the charge port last week, took 2 charges and then went back to show a red light again. No space in the dealer for 2 weeks but it's booked in. Really love the KIA but the charging situation is annoying me! 3rd time lucky maybe?
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2977 View Post
I guess the good old trick with most devices works here, that is to do a reset. Might be some sort of "cache" in the system that requires it. Won't be surprised if in some dealer service manual its stated that doing a hard reset (disconnecting the battery cable) is required.
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 03:47 AM

Have you tried to charge at different charging locations such as charge point?

My work colleague told me that his volt is not charging on a humid day from home charging (no problem for work).
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 04-24-2018, 07:32 AM

I've tried the domestic socket charger but get the same result. I think I'll have to wait for the dealer, hopefully they'll test it a bit longer before they give it back to me this time!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page