After Market Level 2 chargers? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 11:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Question After Market Level 2 chargers?

I saw the other thread, but this was really kind of a slightly different question/spin.

So I 'just' got the new Kia Niro PHEV. I'm getting electrician estimates for putting in the 240V outlet this week. Looking at chargers.

First, I see the three "recommended" chargers from the Kia website: Leviton, Bosch and EV Solutions.

I'm also seeing many cheaper level 2 chargers on Amazon that seem to meet the specs. Are these ones on Amazon up to the job? Many of them have good reviews. If so, do have any specific level 2 chargers that you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-13-2018, 02:36 PM

Garage
Pretty much all EVSE units are the same..... some may add Blutooth, WiFi, and other bells & whistles. I bought a GE unit for my Leaf, but now that I have a Niro, I do not need it. All a EVSE is a relay that switches power on to the charge port. So paying more than $400 bucks is foolish!
If you want I have my GE for sale, works perfect, I will sell it for $300, plus shipping. It will will come with a NEMA 14-50 Plug, and J1772 plug for the car. There is 20 ft of 8 Ga on the input, and 20 ft on the output.

If you are interested, PM me, we can make a deal!!

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page