Does North American Niro EV have both thermal heating and cooling? - Page 3 - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by map70 View Post
This looks correct and not a scam, although the build & price is now on Kia's website but no mention of the heater. In the Stickers I have seen then seem to remove the EX Premium option for the homelink and ventilated seats... I have no idea why...

I almost think Kia might have been having some sort of production issues with the US models and their seats. They've pulled/removed any mention of the Cooled Seats and Driver Seat Dual Memory Settings (along with adding the "Deletion Package"credit of $200 for the Ventilated Seats and Homelink Rearview Mirror options you can't get) from the US EX Premium models. Seems odd, but I'm not complaining. It is still a really fantastic looking and feeling vehicle.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:12 PM

I suspect the heat pump will be hard to find outside of cold areas. Including it as a mandatory option will cost sales in the warmer latitudes.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-27-2019, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
I suspect the heat pump will be hard to find outside of cold areas. Including it as a mandatory option will cost sales in the warmer latitudes.

I'm glad "Cold Weather Package 2.0" is an option on both EX and EX Premium US trims. Since we're in the midwest with cold winters, the battery heater (and heat pump) were an absolute need-to-have for us, and it is an additional reason why the Hyundai Kona sibling model was eliminated from our potential vehicle selection since the battery heater wasn't even an option for the US Kona, though I believe the Canadian version has it. There seem to be some odd choices being made by Hyundai & Kia on these early models.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page