What do you do with your charging cord - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By charlesH

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:25 PM Thread Starter

What do you do with your charging cord

I do all my charging in my garage at home, but feel like I am supposed to put the charging cord back in the case each time after use and put it back in my car. I just got the car and wonder how long before I just start leaving it in my garage. What do you do with your cord? Should I continue putting it back in the case and back in my car each day?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 09:45 PM

Garage
I leave my cable in the garage, but have considered getting a second to keep in the car. If I travel, I throw the cord in the car again, but I otherwise like to just pull into the garage and plug in. I also have a charging station available at work.

Drew
2019 PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haysnooze View Post
I do all my charging in my garage at home, but feel like I am supposed to put the charging cord back in the case each time after use and put it back in my car. I just got the car and wonder how long before I just start leaving it in my garage. What do you do with your cord? Should I continue putting it back in the case and back in my car each day?
my cable has never seen the case since the first day. Why take it with you if you only charge at home?
Dovidan likes this.

2018 Niro PHEV LX Silver/charcoal
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-13-2019, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
It's alway's in his case in the trunk of the car.! I only used it once.. have a level 2 at home..

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (13000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the responses!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 11:32 AM

I have a level 2 charger as well. The 110 stays in the car in the case. I have a connector for the plug and hook to loop the level 2 charger onto. I have a 40' cable, so definitely needed something to manage it.

2019 Kia Niro PHEV, EX Premium

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-14-2019, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Same here. I used the L1 cord for the first week or so while waiting for my L2 to arrive. Since then the L1 has remained in its case in the trunk. But while I was using it, it stayed in the garage. There was nowhere I would need to use it away from home.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2019, 11:25 PM

I have the end draped over a standing fan by the plug. I lift it off the fan and drape it over the car to plug it in (plug is on the passenger side).
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 12:37 AM

Plug it into an outlet close to your car. Then install a bike hook/hanger near by at a convenient height and wrap it around to keep the cord and plug from from getting underfoot.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page