Niro delivered today - Kia Niro Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Niro delivered today

Just got a call from Destination Kia in Albany, New York saying they had 4 Niros delivered today. Wondering if they have arrived at your US dealership. I may take a ride over to test drive tomorrow.
Jay likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 02:49 PM

Actually haven't talked to my dealer in a while, I may shoot him a call and see what the status is and if I can get an updated time line. Let us know if you do and how it goes !
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-31-2017, 07:13 PM

One dealer got 2, Touring trim with advanced and touring w/o. I test drove it, seemed comfortable and spacious. I liked it. The engine is a little louder than the prius. Sometimes when it downshifted I could feel the shift. It looked good in dark grey.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
One dealer got 2, Touring trim with advanced and touring w/o. I test drove it, seemed comfortable and spacious. I liked it. The engine is a little louder than the prius. Sometimes when it downshifted I could feel the shift. It looked good in dark grey.
I might be one of the the odds owners out here or very much in line with who Kia was trying to make it for but I like the fact that its a bit loud. A Sporty SUV is something I always wanted and if there's one important thing a sporty SUV has to have, its specific characteristics to help make it fit that sporty mold.

Did you find the engine sound and even feel to be a downfall or something positive about it?
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-02-2017, 01:40 AM

I found the engine sound just noticeable since I've been driving a volt. So neither positive or negative just something I noticed. I test drove it again today and bought it. I really like the volt, but it's cramped, I digged the prius, but prefer the layout of the Niro. I wish I could get the touring without the large rims and without the sunroof but the parking sensors were important to me so I got that one.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Jay

So it's not a fluke. Someone besides myself does not like sunroofs. My hatred of worse-than-useless sunroofs will relegate me to the LX model even though I would pay extra to get the electronic goodies on the touring. I, too, want the gas-mileage wheels and tires. Hello, Kia. Anybody in marketing listening?
lrpavlo likes this.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:18 PM

The touring launch with package has all the electronic goodies but without forward/rear parking sensors and without a sunroof. The 18in rim tires are definitely grippier than my chevy volt tires but you can tell they don't coast as well. I did my first real drive in all city driving today and got 46mpg.

The perfect niro for me would be the touring with advanced package with no sunroof and 16inch rims.
Jay and lrpavlo like this.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
So it's not a fluke. Someone besides myself does not like sunroofs. My hatred of worse-than-useless sunroofs will relegate me to the LX model even though I would pay extra to get the electronic goodies on the touring. I, too, want the gas-mileage wheels and tires. Hello, Kia. Anybody in marketing listening?
It's just too bad that because we're buying into a segment that has a larger amount of buyers that want sunroofs, we're subject to having it without much choice. Just something we'll have to learn to live with. I just hope down the road we won't experience issues, like leaks coming from the sunroof assembly.

So far I haven't noticed that happening with other Hyundai's so we should be in the clear, but that's never a 100% solid indicator. What is is actually owning it.
fernando likes this.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
The touring launch with package has all the electronic goodies but without forward/rear parking sensors and without a sunroof. The 18in rim tires are definitely grippier than my chevy volt tires but you can tell they don't coast as well. I did my first real drive in all city driving today and got 46mpg.

The perfect niro for me would be the touring with advanced package with no sunroof and 16inch rims.
OK, I had to have another look at the touring launch, and you're right--no sunroof, but no ATP available even as an option?! Surely, I'm misunderstanding. I so don't get the touring launch trim at all. With the EX, I can get most of the driver aids by opting for the ATP. I get the wheels/tires I want and no sunroof(yes!) but no RCTA and BSD. If I go up one trim to EX, I can get all driver aids including BSD and RCTA but then they slam me with the hated sunroof.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
It's just too bad that because we're buying into a segment that has a larger amount of buyers that want sunroofs, we're subject to having it without much choice. Just something we'll have to learn to live with...
Well, that's the presumption, but is it the case really? Or are the marketing guys just going through the motions. Why pay extra for a hole in your ceiling that adds weight and complexity to your car, that weakens the chassis, that will eventually leak, and that decreases headroom? I have been forced to have sunroofs on my last three cars which I NEVER USE and despise every time I look at them./rant over

Two people in this thread (maybe three) don't want no stinkin sunroof. Kia, listen up!
lrpavlo likes this.

Last edited by Jay; 02-03-2017 at 10:09 PM.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page