Has anyone replaced the halogen headlights with LED lights yet? - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 12:27 PM

Hi all, I want to replace the low beam headlight to LED. I know what I need is 9005 bulbs, do I need anything else?
Error cancelling decoder/CANBUS/ anti flickering device...

I want to buy LEDs from jdm astar, which model should I go for N1, G4 or T1?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 04:18 PM

We don't know your trim or even your country! I'd suggest searching this forum and the Ioniq forum (same headlights) for how to threads. There are several, and it generally requires more than just a bulb replacement. LEDs just don't fit without another piece added - from reading those threads.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saark22 View Post
Hi all, I want to replace the low beam headlight to LED. I know what I need is 9005 bulbs, do I need anything else?
Error cancelling decoder/CANBUS/ anti flickering device...

I want to buy LEDs from jdm astar, which model should I go for N1, G4 or T1?

Thanks
I just replaced my headlights with LEDs and they were really easy to replace. If you get good quality LEDs you shouldn't have to worry about any error codes or anti-flickering devices. There are a lot of brands out there and many appear to be cheap knockoff's. I wouldn't buy any unless they have some kind of warranty and explicitly state they use a Phillips or CREE chip.

to replace, just do the following;
Pop the hood, take off the headlight covers to access the bulb, rotate and take out the bulb and disconnect from the power connector. reverse these steps to put in your LEDs and you're golden.

my LED fog lights should come in the mail today. I'll post some quick steps to replace those after i complete my replacement tonight.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-11-2019, 02:05 PM

Steps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevlac View Post
. my LED fog lights should come in the mail today. I'll post some quick steps to replace those after i complete my replacement tonight.
I want to do my foglights too. Got pics?

I do know everything, just not all at once. It's a virtual memory problem.

2017 DE Aurora Black Pearl LX w/Tech Pkg 40K
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:19 PM

Garage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by D4DM1N View Post
I want to do my foglights too. Got pics?
See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdviceOnTech View Post
Hi @hackenfort, thanks for the info. I'm planning to change the headlights and fog lights as well.

Did you change the reverse/back up lights? If so, are they T10 and easy to change?
I changed my backup lights (size: 921). First I tried some Philips ones from PepBoys (just to do it quick), but they didn't fit due to a small bit of plastic they designed in the way for our sockets. I went online and ordered a set from ALLA Lighting on amazon (they are super-slim on a flat exposed chip). I also used their H8 fog lights (no issues).

After having trouble with a warning code w/ LED headlights (CATIZON bulbs and XtremeVision capacitor/resistor/CANBUS), I am trying the ALLA headlights and also ordered a diff. brand of capacitor/resistor/CANBUS. They should arrive tomorrow.

Thought I had a pic of the back-up/reverse lights but I don't. I do, however, have the fog lights (and the headlights that throw the error code), along with their pattern ahead.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f3e.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	4925   Click image for larger version

Name:	UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_f3f.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	212.5 KB
ID:	4927  

Last edited by iamteeg; 04-19-2019 at 09:23 PM. Reason: added reply

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version