New Owner of Niro from New Jersey - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

New Owner of Niro from New Jersey

Hello fellow Niro owners, just purchased a fully loaded 2018 EX. Hope this car will treat me well. Its beautiful inside out and helping the planet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 12:18 PM

Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the car - we do ours (EX Purchased in FEB 2017).

No significant issue with ours - do feel a bit of the surging, stutter, whatever, to call it that some others feel (and a few have had a major issue with).

Recommend start a FUELLY account for your car. Good way to keep your MPG record and let others in the world know.
realto likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAULRIDES View Post
Welcome aboard. Hope you enjoy the car - we do ours (EX Purchased in FEB 2017).

No significant issue with ours - do feel a bit of the surging, stutter, whatever, to call it that some others feel (and a few have had a major issue with).

Recommend start a FUELLY account for your car. Good way to keep your MPG record and let others in the world know.

Thanks, will do. I do feel the sluggishness in the gas from stop, but coming from a V6 to a hybrid thats prob expected. I hope this car will keep me happy
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranium79 View Post
Thanks, will do. I do feel the sluggishness in the gas from stop, but coming from a V6 to a hybrid thats prob expected. I hope this car will keep me happy
Have you tried sport mode? It removes the sluggishness. I put it in sport mode if I'm pulling out into busy traffic. Then shift back to eco mode after I get up to speed. It kills mpg so I only do it when I really kind of need the response and power.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaleno View Post
Have you tried sport mode? It removes the sluggishness. I put it in sport mode if I'm pulling out into busy traffic. Then shift back to eco mode after I get up to speed. It kills mpg so I only do it when I really kind of need the response and power.
Ah. did not know that. I have to really sit with this and try everything out this weekend. Just got the car yesterday. Lots of features in the 2018 model I have to get familiar with. I dont even know how to switch to sports mode, lol.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 04:07 PM

Congratulations. I am in talks to buy one in NY, was curious what price point you got in NJ.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Ah. did not know that. I have to really sit with this and try everything out this weekend. Just got the car yesterday. Lots of features in the 2018 model I have to get familiar with. I dont even know how to switch to sports mode, lol.
To shift to sport mode just push the shift lever to the left after you put it in drive.
Cranium79 likes this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Hello fellow Niro owners, just purchased a fully loaded 2018 EX. Hope this car will treat me well. Its beautiful inside out and helping the planet [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/images/KiaNiroForum/smilies/tango_face_smile.png[/IMG]
Maybe some day Iíll actually see one of these other NJ Niros on the roads (saw one once but before I bought mine)!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredct View Post
Maybe some day Iíll actually see one of these other NJ Niros on the roads (saw one once but before I bought mine)!
Haha, i know its like finding a ghost when I see one. So far I am the only one in my town. Got lots of ppl asking about it everytime I roll up to the supermarket lol.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbaleno View Post
To shift to sport mode just push the shift lever to the left after you put it in drive.
Will try that out, thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page