Hello from the Okanagan Valley, BC - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

Hello from the Okanagan Valley, BC

My wife has decided that she will wait as long as it takes to get a Niro PHEV. We both test drove the Niro HEV last week and loved it (EX Premium trim). She likes everything about the Prime except its very low driver seating position which is not kind to her arthritis nor her non-OEM knees.

Hoping to learn lots here and especially when this car is going to be made available in Canada - most optimistic "guess" we have been given is December...

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:58 PM

Welcome!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveD View Post
Hoping to learn lots here and especially when this car is going to be made available in Canada - most optimistic "guess" we have been given is December...Dave

Hi Dave, welcome to the forum..

I was waiting for the PHEV sooo bad! But got tired of waiting. I know you guys in Vancouver had the chance to get a PHEV model at the auto show, but we got no PHEV here in Montreal. Since the lunch in Toronto, i have tried to get all the possible information from Kia Canada (even got a journalist on the case LOL) and it's all zero silence from their end. You say in December, i hope for you, but, if it's like now and the HEV is very RARE too find at any canadian dealers, and getting a 3-4 months delay for an order/delevery. I say... not before spring 2019..and 2020 for the full electric. Lets see in December!

Hope you're gonna get one soon.. After 5 weeks in waiting, My HEV ocean blue EX trim will be delivered on this friday! cant wait!

- Eric

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (15500 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 11:00 AM

Garage
Welcome Dave! I am also a Dave D. Hope you don't have to wait that long for your Niro...

2018 EX w/Adv Tech, Metal Stream
Alexandria, VA

This space intentionally left blank.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 11:38 AM

Hi Dave,

If the seats are anything like my non-plug-in hybrid EX, you should be able to pump the seat up. There is a lever on the left side of the seat that does it.

Cary, NI2Q - Amateur Extra Class
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 12:36 PM

We have an ex premium PHEV. It is worth the wait. The seats do go up really high. Would it be cost prohibitive to cross the border and grab one up in the US? There are more lx's available then ex premiums ,which are scarce.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-20-2018, 07:05 PM

There are some hurdles for Americans to import new Canadian cars. Hopefully the Canadian government is more sensible. However to get the incentive, you have to buy in province (or state. Then there is the premium to purchase in US dollars. And the lack of standard equipment like seat and steering wheel heaters.

I looked at buying in Canada as the end prices, even after paying a tariff, was really low. However Kia Canada won't allow dealers to sell new cars to Americans. Used cars are not that available yet so I bought new in the US - close to the lower retail price in Canada (after currency exchange) so I didn't lose much.

I'm a David too - with two D's.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-21-2018, 01:11 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
1- However Kia Canada won't allow dealers to sell new cars to Americans.

2- close to the lower retail price in Canada (after currency exchange) so I didn't lose much.
Hi Dave,

1- Kia Canada has problems to get Niro's for the canadian customers.... they come one or two per 2 weeks.. had to wait 4 full week's for mine that came from Toronto.. and they could not make the delevery till they got another one at the dealer to show others customers.. so 2 more weeks of waiting...that pissed me off a bit.!

2- That would be great for you guys down in the states with the US dollar vs. our weak Canadian one... bou-hou-hou..

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (15500 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page