• 1 Post By NorCalNiro
  • 1 Post By Mark Helmandollar
  • 1 Post By jpear
  • 1 Post By picstart

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-06-2018, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

New 2018 EX Premium Owner

Hi All!

Just jointed the Niro family last week, picking up an EX with the Premium package in Metal Stream. Wanted the Premium package for the leather seats and tech, as well as the boost in MPG over the Touring, but hated the plastic hub-capped wheels! So my very first mod was to get new 16" rims in a grey metal finish as close as I could find to Metal Stream.

I think it turned out well. Loving the car so far, and loving the mpgs! (coming from a F150, which is now the weekend warrior). Looking forward to following this board...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20180805_124737.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	338.8 KB
ID:	4045  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 04:45 PM Thread Starter

I just added new mats to the Niro EX. I have been a longtime fan of WeatherTech mats, and was going to get a set for the Niro, but had an Amazon gift card I wanted to use and found these on Amazon: http://a.co/8KM26L5

They are Maxliner Smartliners (I know, that name... ) and fit the Niro great! Very similar to WeatherTech mats, maybe a little thinner, but still very good quality and looks. I'd recommend taking a look if you are interested in adding weather-resistant liners to your Niro.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81VDriG-xZL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	4053  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-09-2018, 09:28 PM

Very nice, I also want the EX premium for the harmon kardon, larger touchscreen, ventilated seats etc. I was wondering if buying the 16" steel rims hurt the gas mileage at all?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2018, 01:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks! These rims weren't terribly heavy, at 18 lbs per rim. I couldn't find what the stock rims were, but they don't seem that light either. So far I haven't noticed any difference in gas mileage, but I had a small sample size of about one tank of gas with each rim type! ;-)

The EX premium is nice, you'll enjoy it!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-26-2018, 10:23 PM

We picked up ours, which seems to be like yours, on July 12. Spent over 2 weeks driving from central Texas to Maine and back. We absolutely love the car and are very happy that we chose the EX premium package. Finally I have power seats with two settings again (I missed my loaded Audi so much!). The sound system is great for our aging ears, even on noisy Texas roads we can understand our audio books. Love the ventilated seats (we live in Texas!). Absolutely love the safety features. I even like the way it drives itself... OK, almost drives itself... Love love love the smart cruise control. Too hot to use the sunroof now, but I'm looking foward to it. The aforementioned Audi had one and I like it tilted in good weather for nice ventilation. Also when parked, even though the Kia is going to complain, you can lock the with the sunroof tilted.

I do worry about no spare... We seem to have a lot more tire problems in Texas than we had in Illinois...

We bought this car because Toyota discontinued the Prius V (now our 2nd car) so we couldn't buy a new Prius V. They wanted us to buy a RAV 4 and nope, don't like the gas mileage! So I found the Kia Niro. It's foot shorter, which is a small problem, but we still have the Prius V when we need to move something larger (or dirtier, since it's the old car now).
Cybrid likes this.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:06 AM

Good looking car! welcome to the group!!
Cybrid likes this.

2018 KIA Niro LX Plug-IN - Aurora Black Pearl

2018 KIA Sedona LX - Snow White Pearl
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2018, 10:24 PM

Where did you purchase the wheels from?
Cybrid likes this.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-05-2018, 09:41 PM

Where did you purchase rims?....I really like.
Cybrid likes this.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 10:07 AM

We too loved the Prius V and disliked the Rav 4 or the new Toyota prius line. We were lucky to get one of the few PHEV's delivered to Florida. It would have been nice to have the extra 1 foot of length but KIA has China and Europe to consider and parking is an issue.
What with the tax refund and better mileage there is almost a $15,000 cost advantage to the Kia Ex premium PHEV relative to a Rav 4. Unless you need all wheel drive KIA is a no brainer.
Cybrid likes this.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-06-2018, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Mark and jpear, We got these from our local Discount Tire. These are the Liquid Metal Shifts, they run ~$90 each. We thought these matched our Metal Stream paint color really well!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page