Cabin Noise - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-28-2016, 03:10 PM

That sounds plenty good enough, and even if your Niro ends up coming out improperly built, I'm sure the dealer will fix that and deal with it appropriately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-14-2017, 05:30 PM

Well, I don't have to worry about that. I can't see myself ever driving anywhere near 100MPH! Also, he was in the power mode almost the whole time. It might be a lot quieter if driven in the Eco mode. Isn't that the point?
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-15-2017, 01:39 PM

I wouldn't make a judgement based on a video. I saw some vide tests and heard no noise nor complaints about noise. Even smaller Kias like the Rio don't have any major problems with noise at motorway speeds so I belive this shouldn't be a problem with the Niro.

If youíre looking for
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, feel free to check my website.
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-16-2017, 06:12 PM

I have read some reviewers complaining about noise, but they are a small minority compared to the complaints about the Ioniq.
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:38 PM

I liked the sudden slow down at about 1:00 MIN on the Video (and the EV needle drop to CHARGE - all the way to CHARGE).
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 08:28 AM

100 km is somewhere around 60 to 70 mph. Somehow our buick changed us to km as we were on the interstate. And in keeping up with traffic, my average speed was about 100 km.
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-01-2018, 08:33 AM

It just so happens that I own a kia rio, and I've never new a machanic that could get rid of the rattle.
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 02:10 PM

I am just curious to see how everybody feels about their cabin noise currently. We have a pilot with acoustic glass so are used to a quiet car. We noticed test driving the new niro plug-in, that there was a fair amount of noise on the highway. The ioniq actually seemed quieter to us, but after reading online now it appears most think the ioniq is louder. I am not sure if we just got a bad early version of the car to test drive. Has anybody had concern about this and done anything to address it with their niro? Did the acoustic film on the glass help anyone?

Thanks
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 05:20 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky rio View Post
100 km is somewhere around 60 to 70 mph. Somehow our buick changed us to km as we were on the interstate. And in keeping up with traffic, my average speed was about 100 km.
65 mph = 104.60736 kph.... I drive at 70mph, constantly get passed, but I don't get tickets, stay out of the #1, #2 lanes, most importantly, don't have that much road noise!
Maybe slow down some.....

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 11:45 AM

Most of the cabin noise is related to the condition of the roadway asphalt surface. A smoother asphalt surface will be much quieter than a more granular grainy asphalt surface roadway. When I purchased my Niro, I asked the salesman this same thing ... "the car seemed a little loud at times", and that was the explanation he gave me. Makes sense! Just make note of the asphalt surface conditions and you will notice a change in noise levels. I know the Niro is not the quietest vehicle on the road, but when i do notice excessive noise I also pay attention to the roadway surface.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page