What Did You Do To Your Kia Niro Today? - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 08:09 AM

Went to dealer today and got my free car wash after the haboob we had this past weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-04-2017, 03:44 PM

I'm not proficient in removing headliners and paneling, but wouldn't that make for a neater installation of a dash cam? Plugging into existing power somewhere en route. I've read reports of others doing this in other cars.
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 04-24-2017, 10:39 PM

Installed the side window Sunshades. Mainly, I like to be able to leave the windows cracked when sitting out on a hot day and not have to worry about rain getting in.

Bought them off E-Bay (Korea Seller) for $49.75. Found out later there are better prices and my guess is as good a quality. SO SHOP more than I did. Takes a while for delivery as come from Korea.

They fit nicely and easy to install, but cover u the Chrome at top edge of the door (Mine is EX Model).

No Instructions provided, so I give a couple pointers:

1) Clean surface of door (Chrome) with Alcohol and dry (at least that is what I did).

2) DO NOT REMOVE the backing from the tape completely. Remove about 3 or 4 inches and let it hang loose so you can pull it out a bit at a time as you fit the shades to the door.

NOTE 1: You would have a hard time aligning the entire shade at one time if you had the backing completely off the tape as it wills tick to the door where you touch it.

NOTE 2: When doing the front door, I started with the tape loose about 4 inches at the door pillar end. Back door would work starting on either end, but I started at the pillar on back door also.

3) Mine had a small shade piece (about 10 inches long) for the side rear windows. Start it at the door opening.

NOTE: IMPORTANT - Make sure your rear door clears the shade when you open the door before you decide exactly where to stick it. You may need to sit it back a 1/16 or 1/32 from edge of the chrome to clear the rubber gasket on the door as you open the door. MY PASSENGER SIDE REAR DOOR rubber hit the shade after I installed it and I had to remove the shade and slide it back a little.

I think I lucked out and did not destroy the tape on the shade when I removed it.

4) One last comment (not an installation instruction) --- my shades came with a shield to put over the top of the side mirrors. I did not use it as it was a piece of junk (flexible rubber like material that sort of folded down and hides part of the mirror). Besides that, it would look cheap.

They do cover the door chrome at top of door, but still look nice (my opinion). Also, unlike my Nissan Rogue which had a visibility problem when turning left because of the pillar that got worse with the width of the shades, visibility seems OK with the NIRO.

The pictures taken in the garage are not too good Lighting - I took one with the garage light on and one with a flash). Maybe get a better one outside.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0719.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1082   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0720.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	122.7 KB
ID:	1090  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 11:20 PM

Better Picture of the side shades (better than the one I took in the garage).

I do like the fact this set had the extra piece over the rear window. To me looks better than to end at rear door window, gives a continuity to the shades.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1677 - Copy.JPG
Views:	266
Size:	152.1 KB
ID:	1274  
lrpavlo and Cranium79 like this.
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 11:32 AM

Went to the dealer yesterday evening and . . . drove home in my new Deep Cerulean blue EX! Looking forward to sorting out all the tech and fine-tuning the default displays. Plan to get roof bars to mount the Yakima skybox just purchased at the REI sale. Time for a road trip.
post #16 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-17-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
I'm not proficient in removing headliners and paneling, but wouldn't that make for a neater installation of a dash cam? Plugging into existing power somewhere en route. I've read reports of others doing this in other cars.
I had originally mounted my Dash Camera on Passenger side of cenrter mirror and routed wire to the right.

Later changed mount to driver side of mirror (partly so I could see if it was on or not) and rerouted the wire to the left side. Worked easier for me to route wires to the left (less visible). Pictures shown in my previous reply..

Just a thought - might want to take a look.

One thing though, my camera is a good deal smaller than some and you may run into interference with the mirror if camera is large. You get a bit more room on the passenger side of the center mirror. So, could still put camera on passenger side of mirror and run wire over the left side of car (having the wire over the steering wheel and near the door opening helps hide the wire - I think).
post #17 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 01:24 PM

Will you share details on how to add mp3's? I happen to have 45GB of mp3's on my iMac
post #18 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 01:25 PM

Your wheels look awesome
post #19 of 43 (permalink) Old 07-27-2017, 05:33 PM

If no smart phone, simply copy MP3 files to a flash drive, plug flash drive into jack on dash, select Media. On a recent trip, we listened to an audio book we had ripped from a library book-on-disk. Worked fine, though book was boring and we moved on!
post #20 of 43 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kprenesti View Post
Today, I actually went to the dealership. I saw the Niro. They let me put both of my dogs in the back seat. (Two goldendoodles). They fit!! Woot! I fell even more madly in love with this car. Next Saturday, I'll be test-driving it for the first time. But I'm gonna force myself to wait until the very end of April to buy; maybe the price will be reduced a bit....do you think?
Buy on the last day of the Month!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page