Cleaning questions - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 01:03 AM Thread Starter

Cleaning questions

Hi Everyone! I just got my Niro back from getting all leather seats put in. I have dogs and want to be able to wipe off any water or mud. What kind of cleaner do y'all recommend for wiping and conditioning leather seats? What about dashboard, etc? Do you use wipes or a spray on kind? I've never had a NEW new car (had a lot of OLD new cars tho), and I want to get in the habit of keeping everything clean.

On that note, I am looking for a vacuum that plugs in the lighter jack. I saw a lot of reviews online of various models...but hard to compare apples to apples. I want one with a lot of suction(obviously) and crevice attachments that are easy to use. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 03:08 PM

First thing.. stay away from Armorall.

There are a lot of products you can use, but my favorite products to use are Lexol leather cleaner and their conditioner.

But for easier to get products, I would go with Meguiars gold class leather cleaner and conditioner. All in one spray and it does a good job. If the seats get really dirty, get a very mild all purpose cleaner and wipe it down first and then apply the Meguiars.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 05:07 PM

I used to use Lexol, but now I use Leather Milk.

6 Best Leather Cleaners and Leather Conditioners To Use 2017
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:23 AM Thread Starter

Thanks! Just curious what's wrong with Armor All?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 01:49 PM
Jay

There's Armor All and then there's Armor All. Armor All makes an excellent leather conditioning gel that I've used on leather and vinyl with great results.

Leather Care Gel, car leather cleaner | Armor All
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 02:26 PM

Armor All typically got a bad name a long time ago. Things may have changed but I just stay away from it. The high shine which is just far from a natural look is off-putting to say the least, and it makes leather feel slick, which again, is not natural and definitely not supple like it should be.

To my knowledge it was silicone based or something along those lines which would also clog pores of leather thus making them dry out over time and have this horrendous residue along with allowing dust and dirt to stick and buildup on it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:27 PM

BTW, I ordered this for the back seat, and thank Heavens! I looked at the cover today in sunlight and was appalled by how dirty it was already after only a week! This fits well and doesn't restrict the airflow from the rear vents.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1https://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Premi...et+Sees+You%21
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Hmmm...the cover is interesting, but....does it go down to the floor, or just stay suspended? Also, how hard is it to install/remove when you have passengers? And is it one size fits all? Doesn't seem to have different sizes/car brands to choose from...?
Thanks!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 04:27 PM

I don't know about one-size-fits-all, but it's definitely one size fits mine. It's a hammock so it doesn't go down to the floor. It covers the gap between the rear bench and the back of the front seats. Removal is just a matter of unclipping the clasps at the headrests and reaching in to grab the handles that keep the seat part set. It's not quite as convenient as bunching up a blanket and throwing it in the trunk, but it's not much harder. Also, there are side flaps that keep the sides of the bench seat protected, too.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-27-2017, 06:08 PM

If you get the armor all spray odds are you might have to cut it with water, some of them are too thick and easy to get carried away with. Some detailers I know cut it to get the right finish.

Too much and surfaces will look too greasy.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page