Detailed my 2018 HEV this weekend - Kia Niro Forum
 3Likes
  • 3 Post By FlNiro

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 06:08 PM Thread Starter

Detailed my 2018 HEV this weekend

I finally got around to giving my Niro a good detailing. I hadnít touched it since I bought it other than some windshield cleanings and bird bomb removals. I didnít do a ďdeepĒ detailing since the paint is in good shape. As I might have mentioned before, the hack at the dealer probably hose off the car and dried it and sprayed some tire shine on and that was it. There was still protectant strips on the chrome around the windows and some bits of the white plastic used during transport still on the hood. The paint felt very rough rubbing your fingers gently over it. Not what I would expect from a brand new car.

Hereís my process:

- Wash wheels and tires with car soap
- Wash body with Optimum No Rinse
- Spray paint with IronX to remove stuck on metal particles. Check the picture of the hood. There was some ďbleedingĒ but not a lot. I was expecting worse since the paint felt so rough. Hosed it off after a few minutes.
- Clayed the paint with a fine grade Clay Towel to remove any remaining embedded contaminants from the paint. Used ONR in clay lube strength as lubricant.
- Apply Griotís Garage Finishing Sealant All-in-One with my Porter Cable 7424 and green Lake Country pads. My goal wasnít to correct any scratches or swirl marks since there really werenít any, but to apply a good first coat of protection.
- Apply Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish Spray sealant. Iím not sure if this and the GG sealant are compatible but I had both, so what the heck.
- Apply Optimum Opti-Seal on the windshield and back window.
- Apply CarPro PERL to tires.

This is the IronX working. The purple streaks are the ferrous particles reacting with the chemical.

This is the hood after I hosed it off with water after the IronX. There is zero beading meaning there wasnít any kind of protection on the paint coming from the dealer.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 09:10 AM

Hey your car looks like it came out great! Mine is the same color. Do you make house calls?????
lrpavlo, Nouseformonkeys and Orac like this.

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 01:47 PM

Whoa! mine on the space coast sure needs that.....but I'm having too much fun using it to go paddleboarding everyday!!!!
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-07-2018, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlNiro View Post
Hey your car looks like it came out great! Mine is the same color. Do you make house calls?????
Thanks. Daytona is a bit of a trek for me from Ft. Lauderdale. LOL.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page