Fixed the obnoxious lock / unlock chirp / buzz on my niro - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-10-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredct View Post
#firstworldproblems

Reminds me of the person (sorry if it was one of you) who complained about needing to press the knob to turn the volume off after stopping the engine. Such an exhausting effort.
Everyone has and is entitled to their pet peeves. Thank God the Niro has a volume knob. When I was shopping around for a new car, I joined a Honda Civic forum and there were some epic battles because the car did not have a volume knob. People would say “I wish there was a volume knob” and immediately five other people (usually the same ones) would jump in and say “never used the knob, don’t miss it, just use the steering wheel buttons!” What’s funny is that the people saying “use the steering wheel controls” weren't using the volume slider on the touch screen because it wasn’t user friendly and they found an analog alternative.

And then when the new models brought back the knob the same “knob bad” people were complaining that it ruined the look of the head unit.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator

You have missed the obvious reason. They needed a button so you have an ability to lock the car without having to pull out the smartkey. if you had it touch or the switch inside the door mechanism, it would simplifiy the unlocking but make the locking part of the process that much harder. And put that along with the people who would want to cut a wire to remove any cirp sound you would be left not knowing if the last touch you had on the door handle locked or unlocked the car. or would you just go by the position of the side mirrors and hope that nobody inside flipped that switch that forces open or closed the mirrors.
Joefitz likes this.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 10:04 AM

The chirp seems superfluous to me considering the loud clunk the car makes during locking. The lights also flash but I don't see them in daylight usually. Flashes and chirps are useful for those who like to lock with the fob walking away from car.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
The chirp seems superfluous to me considering the loud clunk the car makes during locking. The lights also flash but I don't see them in daylight usually. Flashes and chirps are useful for those who like to lock with the fob walking away from car.
That's me

2018 EX no extras

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page