Recall SC168 Done at Dealer & Sway Bar Mount - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By PAULRIDES

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Recall SC168 Done at Dealer & Sway Bar Mount

Took Kia NIRO into Dealer for the SC168 Power Relay Ass'y Recall. Also, to investigate a 'clunking' noise in the rear chassis that I have noticed for at least 1 1/2 years (it has been somewhat intermittent).

BTW for INFO - It is a 2017 EX with the Option bought in FEB 2017 and now has 20,298 miles.

As I said, the 'clunking' noise has been noticed for at least a year and 1/2, but was somewhat intermittent. Generally, when it showed up was when making a curve (even moderate curves) either to the left or right.

Funny thing was if I made a right curve and heard the 'clunk' then another right curve would not produce a 'clunk'. However, if making a curve in one direction (say to right) and next curve was the opposite (say to left) would hear a 'clunk' both times.

I intended to have the 'clunk' checked out when I was at the dealer in Sept 2018 for a reasonable Oil Change compliments of KIA (BTW advertised as like $10, but dealer added some shop charges, and disposal fees, so was more like $19)

The DANG noise quit that day (it has been intermittent). I did ask them to take a look at the chassis -- don't know if they did or not?

It was 'clunking' today when I took it in for the recall. As a matter of fact when I went with the mechanic for a test ride, the 'clunking' was the worst and more frequent that I had ever heard.

They repaired it "Adjusted Sway Bar Mount" (my guess is that means tightened some nuts or bolts).

No 'clunking' on the way home.
lrpavlo likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page