Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

iPhone cradle placement

6K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  mosheva 
#1 · (Edited)
My Niro is a 2018 sport touring model. I have a iPhone X max and, with a lightning cable plugged in, it did not fit well in the small space provided on the center console. I bought a cell phone holder with a flexible neck, but I didn’t like the idea of sticking it on the windshield or using the adhesive disk to mount it on the dash. So the best placement was to stick the adhesive disk to the vertical side of the center console on the passenger side, and then bend the flexible neck in such a way to hold the phone just off the right side of the center console. This allows me to access the phone screen if necessary (I find it easier to access map destinations on the phone screen rather than the CarPlay app on the Kia’s screen). The adhesive disk that came with the cradle came unstuck after a few weeks, so I bought a 90mm extra strong adhesive disk from Amazon and followed the installation instructions closely (clean installation surface and let adhesive set 24 hours before attaching suction cup cradle). This setup works great and doesn’t interfere with my wife’s knees. See photos.

UPDATE: this setup was nice but the adhesive just didn’t hold up.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
BMW has wireless CarPlay in their 2019 U.S. models. VW has already implemented it in Europe and is supposed to offer it in the U.S. in their 2020 models. Mercedes is adding it to their 2019 U.S. A-class models. Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep wireless support coming soon.

https://www.macrumors.com/roundup/carplay/#wireless_carplay

#4 ·
I can't figure out why Kia would make a wireless charge mat this is designed only to fix small phones? I had an LG G3 with wireless charge but the phone is larger than the mat so it didn't charge. So I upgraded to a larger phone and turned the wireless joke off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.