53.5 mpg - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

53.5 mpg

In this British Review I read:
-
Thereís no real excitement about it, and the jury is out on how it will ride on British roads, but our car posted an indicated 64.2mpg on our hour-long real-world route.
Economy: 74.3mpg (combined)
-
So if those numbers are Imperial gallons, and I'm converting to US gallons correctly, that's 53.5 mpg (US) they read off the display and 61.9 mpg (US) advertised.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Why is there no real excitement about this? That's great mileage for the Niro and isn't it above average for a crossover?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-20-2016, 10:15 AM

I don't really think any of the crossovers come close to this mileage at all. So this would be well above the average. Either that or my google searching skills are horrible.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-22-2016, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuron View Post
Why is there no real excitement about this? That's great mileage for the Niro and isn't it above average for a crossover?
Because it's not a Toyota. And often you don't find a lot of the value buyers online, they just aren't that much into chatter about their cars than those a bit higher up, although this time around the Niro could change things around. Hopefully. Just right now here its a bit dead.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-24-2016, 10:31 AM

It definitely is pretty dead around here, but closer to release date I think things will get a bit more exciting.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-26-2016, 08:52 PM

As for official information that ties into the Niro and mentions it, yeah. But I bet those that look deep enough can find information that eventually will be confirmed a Niro facts
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 06:04 PM

Im close to 3k miles and every time i fill up I reset the mileage to see what my mpg is. I'm constantly getting 53/54 towards the end of the tank and couldn't be happier. And its not ugly as the prius! Now its time to mod the beast lol
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski007jim View Post
Im close to 3k miles and every time i fill up I reset the mileage to see what my mpg is. I'm constantly getting 53/54 towards the end of the tank and couldn't be happier. And its not ugly as the prius! Now its time to mod the beast lol
I am just over 3k and 9 fillups, and my total average is 55.2MPG. That is my manual calculation, the car meter reads a bit higher, maybe 3-4% per tank. I keep it recorded on Fuelly, you can check details by clicking on the signature.
There will be no modding of my beast, lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 04:03 AM

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do

After 6 months of driving, I am right about 54.5. The highest was 58.83 and lowest only 33.93 (Driving 85 really is not good for economy mpg)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page