Kia Niro Forum banner
  • Welcome to the Kia Niro forum! We discuss all models of the Niro, including the Hybrid, PHEV and EV versions. We are glad you stopped by. Feel free to browse the various topics, along with out FAQs. To enable posting, you need to register for a user account. There is no cost for this. Just click in the upper right corner where it says Login/Join. We look forward to your continued parcipitation.

Link to your Fuelly (best way to report MPG)

54K views 254 replies 37 participants last post by  PAULRIDES 
#1 ·
I have posted a link to My Fuelly (Fill Up Reports) on other topics for this FORUM.

Thought it might be best to have a separate Topic for all that have a Fuelly to post their link.

Here is my Fuelly Link (history for 3458 miles) as of 05-10-2017.

Fuelly - Track and Compare your MPG

PS: I guess it will open for anyone clicking on it (it does for me).

#4 · (Edited)
I had hoped this topic would result in other NIRO Owners posting there Fuelly Link for comparison (not just mine). ;)

I did click the link to see if my last Fill-Up was included. Apparently it was using last Fill Up as it is showing 3978 tracked miles.

Fill Up was at 4025 miles for 520 miles and 9.802 gallon used. Difference in Fuelly 3978 and my 4025 I guess do to the first fill up being at Dealer Expense (think around like 61 miles).

PS: It is more interesting to see each fill up in a table with the notes I added, but I do not know how to display that with a Link (I see it after I enter a new fill up).

#5 ·
It is an EX Model NIRO with Tech Pkg (sunroof model).

I added another fill up on 06-05-2017 at 4562 miles to my Fuelly record (514 miles for fill up of 10 gallon = 51.4 MPG)

Pump cut off at 9.6 gallon, I pumped an extra 0.4 gallon. I think pretty full tank as car was also sloped away from the pump.

#7 ·
I added another fill up to Fuelly record on 06-27-2017 at 5083 miles (521 miles for fill up of 9.6 gallon = 54.2 MPG)

Pump cut off once and I hit it two quick blasts. I think pretty full tank as car was also sloped away from the pump.

PS: It is an EX Model NIRO with Tech Pkg (sunroof model).

#9 ·
Paul- I am on Fuelly, under name "Landsail". It's nice to be able to check the average of a lot of drivers and miles. What I don't like is the phone "app". It's not really an app, just a downloaded form. I couldn't even move it enough to enter the data, and it can't be uploaded anyway. So I'm still writing data on receipt, and enter it later at website. This caused me to mess up once, I entered odo mileage when I got home, instead of mileage at fillup. It's noted in note section.
I'd like to use a site that you can enter data from phone, but most have to much stuff for business miles, maintenance, etc., which I don't need. So Fuelly works well to get a real world average. So far after 2k+ miles I am averaging 54+ miles. Not to shabby.

#10 ·
realto

I have not tried the phone APP. I just write things down on the receipt (miles on car) and plug it in from computer using the web site, same as you said you have been doing.

PS: I don't use the phone much because I went to a Consumer Cellular (AARP Discount) plan to save like $25 a month (CC runs $29 something including taxes).

Limit Phone to 250 minutes, Data to 500 MB, and TXT unlimited. Main web use is weather checks cause I ride two wheelers. So far, never used 1/2 of the limits and if you run over they just bump you up to the next plan ($5 more). You do have to call them to drop back to the original plan.

I keep an eye on it and set limit on data to where they would cut me off if get over 450 MB.

#11 ·
I added another fill up to Fuelly record on 08-04-2017 at 6140 miles (513 miles for fill up of 10.00 gallon = 51.3 MPG)

Pump cut off once at 9.7x and I thought get it to even 10 gallon (easy compute of MPG). I think pretty full tank as car was also sloped away from the pump.

#12 ·
I added another fill up to Fuelly record on 08-15-2017 at 6622 miles (482 miles for fill up of 8.572 gallon = 56.2 MPG)

Seems high compared to history MPG (history is 51 + Mpg). Perhaps not filled good, but I hit the trigger a few extra times. See what next fill-up brings?

#13 ·
I added another fill up to Fuelly record on 08-30-2017 at 7012 miles (390 miles for fill up of 8..162 gallon = 47.8 MPG)

Seems low compared to history MPG (History is 51 + Mpg).

I think error on last fill-up (not good and full as had 56 + MPG on that one which was higher than average). Perhaps not filled good last time which made that MPG high and this one low. Don't know, I hit the trigger a few extra times.

#14 ·
I added another fill up to Fuelly record on 09-18-2017 at 7498 miles (486 miles for fill up of 9.58 gallon = 50.7MPG)

Back closer to overall average after the previous two fill ups (one was high at around 56MPG and one was low MPG at around 48MPG). I Think maybe did not get tank full on the one that shows high, so the next one showed low.

PS: EX Model with Tech Pkg Option (one with sunroof).

#16 ·
Does mileage improve as engine is broken in? Just for fun, I'd like to equal or beat Paulrides mileage. However, right now, the car is running a lot without putting any miles on it as I am finding not much goes on unless the engine is running. Other than the record from LA to NYC, what is the best a Niro has done over any distance, say of 100 or more miles?

#19 ·
I added another fill up to FULLY record on 11-01-17 at 8516 miles (416 miles for fill up of 9.386 gallon = 52.8MPG). A little better than overall average of 52.3MPG (confusing - I see the FUELLY Banner below says 51.6MPG average). OH WELL, what's a few 10ths among friends?

PS: EX Model with Tech Pkg Option (one with sunroof). A sunroof that I seldom ever use - a waste of money, wonder why they include such in a Tech Pkg?

#20 ·
I added another fill up to FULLY record on 11-15-17 at 9024 miles (508 miles for fill up of 10.158 gallons = 50MPG). A little less than overall average of 51.5MPG per FUELLY Banner below.

PS: EX Model with Tech Pkg Option (one with sunroof). A sunroof that I seldom ever use - a waste of money, wonder why they include such in a Tech Pkg?

#21 ·
I added another fill up (21 st to be exact) to FUELLY record on 11-27-17 at 9514 miles (490 miles for fill up of 9.706 gallons = 50.5MPG). A little less than overall average per FUELLY Banner below.

This Fill-Up had about 200 miles of a trip (estimate 120 on rural US Hwy including some county roads, and about 80 Miles of Interstate thru the gorge of I-40 that crosses NC and TN borders). Rest was county roads at 35 to 55 MPH and some city (small town with some traffic and some stop lights).

#22 ·
I added another fill up (22nd to be exact) to FUELLY record on 12-19-2017 at 10,009 miles (495 miles for fill up of 9.756 gallons = 50.4MPG). A little less than overall average per FUELLY Banner below.

This Fill-Up was typical driving for us -- mostly county roads at 35 to 55 MPH and some town (not a big city) with some stops. Say 30% in town.

#23 ·
I've found an interesting problem with fuel mileage....In the summer I was getting close to 58-59mpg. Now that winter is here the mileage has dropped almost 9 mpg. I think the problem must stem from the computer telling the engine to run longer to supply warm water for the heater. My engine only ran about 1 1/2 miles before I could use the batteries in the summer and now the engine runs for about 4 miles before it will switch over to batteries. Also the battery charge doesn't last as long, maybe another cold weather issue. If someone from the tech side of Kia could answer me on this I'd appreciate it........also does the computer sense the cabin temperature or the engine temperature before allowing the batteries to trigger?......Thanks, Al

#26 ·
Fuelly is nice- not a lot of extra junk like business miles and maintenance logs that I don't need. They recently bought another company, so I think theyll have(or do have) a phone app to enter fillup data on phone and send to account, rather than writing down and transcribing to home computer.

#27 ·
I added another fill up (23rd to be exact) to FUELLY record on 01-08-2018 at 10,456 miles (447 miles for fill up of 10.218 gallons = 43.7MPG).

The worst MPG so far --- Only had one other below 50MPG. Average is still over 50MPG.

Hopefully, this is due to the cold weather (been over 32F only twice for a few hours in last couple weeks - longest cold spell I have seen in TN since moved here in 1997).

Otherwise, this Fill-Up was typical driving for us -- mostly county roads at 35 to 55 MPH and some town (not a big city) with some stops. Say 30% in town.