November 2017 ... Canada ... service action? - Kia Niro Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

November 2017 ... Canada ... service action?

Hi,
I recently received an email from my local Kia service department, asking me to bring in my 2017 EX Premium for a 'service action' / recall.
I try to keep on top of any recalls and TSB's but I hadn't heard of anything new.
So, I made the appointment and asked the service manager what was going on.

He said that this was a pressure test of the cooling system for the electric motor. Apparently, if the car fails the test, they replace the electric motor.

I hadn't heard a peep of this. Niro purchased April 2017.

Anyone got anything further?

copy of email (it's pretty thin on details) ....

the tool came into perform the recall (service action) on your niro... let me know when you have an hour to get it done.
extech67 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 01:57 PM

My dealer told me about this as well during my last service in September, however they did not have the tool to perform the test. They said they would do it on my next service visit.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 02:23 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for confirming Bob. Kind of glad to know that others have heard about this.
There are a lot of places on the net that list recalls and TSB's .... even for Canada .... but there's nothing out there for this issue that I can find.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 05:00 PM

When you bring your car in for an oil change do they perform these TSBs or only if you encounter an issue related to it? Seems something that could require an engine change should be done on all cars.
Mocha Joe likes this.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-26-2017, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

They let me know about it during an oil change, but they didn't have the tool they needed ( just like CB Bob). I get the impression that they will be doing it to all Niro's as they come in for service.

But, I haven't really gotten any details about the test.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 11:56 AM

My KIA inside source tells me that a transmission shift re-flash is in the works for the Niro. Something about 5th to 6th shifting that needs corrected.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griswald View Post
My KIA inside source tells me that a transmission shift re-flash is in the works for the Niro. Something about 5th to 6th shifting that needs corrected.
Maybe that is the shake, shudder, studder, whatever you call it, that a lot of folks report they feel. Including me, but I consider mine Not A Problem (some have had real problems).

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 01:54 PM

I drive at highway speeds on level ground, so I never noticed any issue shifting from 5th to 6th or back.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

Ok, got my car into the dealership today. They did 2 "Tech Cause" items.
One, I knew about from the internet ... it's Tech Cause #170082 - Child Protector Rear Door Lock

The other is 'Tech Cause 170071 DE HEV Hybrid Drive Motor Leak Test and Replacement

The invoice said that my car passed so no replacement is necessary. Apparently they pressure test the cooling system for the hybrid drive motor.

Still, I couldn't find any info online for this issue at all!
extech67 likes this.

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-27-2017, 09:21 PM

Thanx for the update mr. bill.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page