Power Relay Assembly Recall - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 11:34 AM Thread Starter

Power Relay Assembly Recall

I just received a recall notice from Kia Canada. It is listed as Kia Canada RC119. It has to do with an 'inadequate connection' on the power relay module under the back seat. On the transportcanada website the recall date is 2018/9/28 but I just received the notice in the mail last week. I have it scheduled to go into the dealership next friday.
They will replace the main relay, but if any heat related damage is seen they will replace the 'Power Relay Assembly'.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recall.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	170.7 KB
ID:	4309  

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 12:53 PM

From cars.com:

Vehicles Affected: Approximately 10,600 model-year 2017-18 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid and model-year 2018 Ioniq Plug-In Hybrid cars
The Problem: The main relay within the power relay assembly may have inadequate connections between its contacts, causing increased electrical resistance that can overheat the rear seat, which is above the power relay assembly, increasing the risk of a fire.

The Fix: Dealers will inspect the power relay assembly for damage and replace it if they find any. If no damage is found, the main relay will be replaced. Both repairs will be done for free.

What Owners Should Do: Hyundai will begin notifying owners Nov. 30. Owners can call the automaker at 855-371-9460, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration's vehicle-safety hotline at 888-327-4236 or visit its website to check their vehicle identification number and learn more.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 06:10 PM

Smile

I just had my power relay assembly recall fixed yesterday. No burning or scorch marks found. But they did replace the power relay assembly. Took about 1.5 hours. No cost.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page