Ever wished your Kia had... - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-23-2018, 01:04 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Ever wished your Kia had...

... A digital sign on the back so you could give a message to the person behind you to tell them what your thinking. I'd like one that could flash up a message like.:

'Honk all you want. It doesn't bother me as I know your still the PR!K who is stuck behind me'.

Not that I need it much, but just for those people who even though there are two other lanes to their left that they could have been in, decide that the they want to honk their horn at you because you don't feel like red lining your engine off the line once the light turns green.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 11:07 AM

Basic 12v scrolling LED signs exist for ~$40, with larger ones going for $200+

Flashing a 'thanks' or other short positive messages can have as positive impact as much as a cheeky message has a negative.

2018 Niro LX PHEV
2019 Pacifica PHEV
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 12:20 PM

Here in S. Florida, you run the risk of getting shot for “cheeky messages.”

That being said, something like this would have come in handy to tell the woman driving next to me to stop watching videos on her phone while driving.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 04:23 PM

If there is traffic behind me, I drive normally so as not to annoy or trigger road rage. There is little cost in the Niro in "normal" takeoffs a few times daily. I doubt you could notice it on your tank mpg.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 04:47 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yticolev View Post
If there is traffic behind me, I drive normally so as not to annoy or trigger road rage. There is little cost in the Niro in "normal" takeoffs a few times daily. I doubt you could notice it on your tank mpg.

I know that it can be really tickoff to someone who is behind you if you are trying to start and get going while trying to keep the HEV in EV mode. In my case it felt like that jerk behind me was mad that i didn't leave rubber on the road like some takeoff sports car modes. But I don't see anyone getting to violently mad when behind an 18 wheeler and they don't seem to start very fast, nor public transit busses, so I tend to point the finger at the person behind who is honking and getting mad as being the cause of any road rage. Lefts face it, we all get stuck behind someone who we feel is a bit of a dumbass at some point in our driving life. But also most of us don't flip out because of it.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 08:37 PM

Well if you want to mockup a full semi over your Niro, then everyone will be OK with you not moving with traffic. I find most buses accelerate a lot faster than I do incidentally. I tend to tuck behind slower vehicles at a stop light by picking the lane most likely to go slow. But once there, I don't lag much behind the rate they set.

If you utilize a sign or a finger, now there is now zero doubt that your are contributing to road rage. What's the point of that?

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page