Extend the USA Federal EV tax credit? - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-17-2019, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

I agree with some of that, but not all of it. But it seems to me that Kia service organizations can make a lot of money from HEVs and PHEVs (not so sure about EVs, but it's too soon to know). For the next 10 years or so, most of us are expecting that the majority of the service organization's income will come from manufacturer warranty payments, rather than our own pockets.

As for what Kia is actually trying to do strategically (comply or be a leader?), there was an interesting report today on a new Kia Niro variant called the HabaNiro. It's just a concept car, but fun to read about. https://www.engadget.com/2019/04/17/...-ev-crossover/

As for what dealers make on new car sales: I could have purchased a Prius Plug-in less expensively than my Niro Plug-in. The Toyota dealer told me that they make almost nothing on Prius sales, but dealers have such a complicated incentive structure that it's hard for anyone, including dealers, to figure that out. However, I noticed that my Kia salesperson was really happy to sell my PHEV to me, even after I negotiated the price down significantly. I'm pretty sure that they were making money on that deal, because they had to bring the car in from an unaffiliated dealership in order to sell it to me, and they were still happy when all was said and done.

2018 Niro PHEV Gravity Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page