What to Ask Dealer to Check Prior to Delivery? - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 09:37 PM Thread Starter

What to Ask Dealer to Check Prior to Delivery?

Hello All:

I purchased a 2018 Niro PHEV EX Premium today and will take delivery later this week. I have been lurking for a while and noticed many comments about TSBs and software updates. So, I am wondering what I should ask the dealer to check prior to taking delivery.

My car was made in June 2018, so I assume any updates/TSBs prior to June have been applied. Are there other specific updates/TSBs I should ask the dealer to check or complete?

I just want to be sure that the car is up to date before I pick it up. Thanks for any feedback.

ibuybundy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuybundy View Post
Hello All:

I purchased a 2018 Niro PHEV EX Premium today and will take delivery later this week. I have been lurking for a while and noticed many comments about TSBs and software updates. So, I am wondering what I should ask the dealer to check prior to taking delivery.

My car was made in June 2018, so I assume any updates/TSBs prior to June have been applied. Are there other specific updates/TSBs I should ask the dealer to check or complete?

I just want to be sure that the car is up to date before I pick it up. Thanks for any feedback.

ibuybundy
Great question I’m also picking up the same car. Just working out the financing right now.
My I ask what you got it for before tax and license?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 08:04 AM Thread Starter

Hello Mark:

Sure, the MSRP on my car is $36,020, and I got it for $31,500 before TTL and dealer fee. This price does include a $500 finance rebate. How about you?
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibuybundy View Post
Hello Mark:

Sure, the MSRP on my car is $36,020, and I got it for $31,500 before TTL and dealer fee. This price does include a $500 finance rebate. How about you?
32,000 which includes a 1000.00 finance rebate.
Also will give me the 10 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty for and additional 1,695. Haven’t decided on that yet.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-02-2018, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

I wonder why my dealer only offered $500? Maybe they are keeping $500 for themselves. I can't find any evidence of an existing finance rebate.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator

I would suggest they check that they included everthing that is supposed to come with the car. My dealer sort of forgot to give me all the wheel nuts. Also forgot to put in the cargo netting.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 09:38 PM

The first week I had mine I discovered the horn didn't work. I checked the fuse and found it had been removed and taped to the inside of the fuse box (presumably for shipping). The dealer sure missed that one.

2018 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium - Aurora Black
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-04-2018, 10:37 PM

I test drove the Niro I ended up purchasing the evening before I bought it. It was parked with the back parked next to a chain link fence and it had small pieces of grass stuck to the lift gate and back bumper probably from the grass on the other side of the fence being cut.

The next day when wife and I went to buy the car, the salesman sent it to be “prepped” while we filled out the paperwork. Tipoffs course, they kept us waiting for ever, and we saw the prep guy drive it up to the front, we went outside and I noticed that there were still bits of the protective white plastic still stuck to the underside of the hood. I told the salesman about it and I saw him grab some spray and a towel and outside,

When we finally finished the sale, I went outside again and I walked around the car. I noticed that there were still bits of grass on the back, the black protective strips were still on the chrome window trim and there was still dirt streaks on the windows. I am into detailing so I notice these things. And I probably paid for that dealer “prep”. But it was late and we were there for hours so I let it slide.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Took delivery yesterday with no problems other than fending off the lienance manager's insistence that I needed fabric protection, paint protection, and an extended warranty. I actually bought the car with all of the shipping material in place - the dealer was planning to send the car back to Kia thinking that they could not sell it. Upon delivery, all was cleaned up and ready to go.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-05-2018, 10:03 PM

Is this after the $4530 tax credit?
Counting the tax credit and $750 back from Kia finance, but before taxes, mine was right at $30k back in April. EX Premium, PHEV.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page