Change of Infotainment system - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Change of Infotainment system

Just bought a NIRO EX 2018 - the only version sold in Mexico - but it has installed the lousy, no frills 5 inch screen infotainment system. I wonder if it is possible to change/replace it with the bigger screen one that has Android Auto capabilities. I would drive to USA to get it installed because it is not available south of the border.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 01:55 PM

Garage
Check these aftermarket options - kind of strange they wouldn't make Android Auto standard in Mexico too :/

https://www.androidauthority.com/bes...-units-791179/

2017 KIA Niro EX Silky Silver/Grey Interior with Sunroof and Advanced Tech Package
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 01:36 PM

Nowadays, you can install whatever you want, you just need to find the right shop with good electrics and infotainment system that has the same size. Kenwood offers a lot of good systems with AA software.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 03:16 PM

I put a Pioneer AVIC 8200 NEX in my other car, it's fantastic, it cover everything, sounds wonder, easy to use.

Has a built in GPS - which I've never used because of Android Auto / CarPlay. Nice thing it has two rear USB (only comes with one ext cable) And a SD Card reader so plenty of ways to input music - video's etc.

When I installed it, the interfaced with the car's factory rear camera, but doesn't display as nice (I think the Pioneer has a better resolution that the care) but the factory (Honda) stereo sounded so bad, and it's a major win.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page