Dog seat belt - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 07:45 PM Thread Starter

Dog seat belt

Hi, I hope someone can help, my seat belt for my dog doesn't work in the Niro, all on Amazon say they won't work the metal seat belt connectors are different. Anyone know where i can get one? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-07-2018, 08:32 PM

Dawn,

There are variations of dog safety systems that use the roof handles to solidify its strength and positioning - I personally own this one because my dog likes to wander from side-to-side and prop himself up on the arms of the doors to peek out the window: KURGO Auto Zip Line with Leash.

One other option I found while searching for an answer to your post was a harness that's made to allow you to run the seatbelt through the harness and still have it buckle without any attachments: IMPACT DOG CAR HARNESS. That same company has a cheaper option that uses a rock climbing like harness add-on to attach your dog and the harness to the seat belt: ENHANCED STRENGTH TRU-FIT DOG CAR HARNESS.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2018, 08:18 PM

I used a set in my Ford Energi that work fine in the 2018 PHEV - just don't use the mini rear center that's for the 3-point harness, use the other regualr seat belt clips. I actually have an extra new set of 2 (thought I left them in the Ford when I traded them in), bought them but then found my originals so they're sitting here. You can get them on Amazon, $6 the pair
OMORC Dog seat belt.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 08:09 PM

I haven't had my dog in my Niro yet, but my wife and I just use a thing that clips into the seat belt and has the clip like a leash on the other end. We just hook that to our dogs harness.
Here is one I have that is in my wifes Forte.
https://www.amazon.com/Vastar-Adjust...70_&dpSrc=srch
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-08-2018, 10:13 PM

I have two dog harnesses and two extenders like used in airplanes. No trouble with any of the four in my Niro. I've had a little trouble in my Jeep GC, but I have just flipped the connector over and it works. Sorry, but I don't know any brands. They are just generic PetCo or PetsMart items.

Arizona Mike
'18 Niro EX Premium
'16 Jeep Grand Cherokee
'16 Flagstaff 21 FBRS

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page