Don't remove Hybrid logo. - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmurphEV

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 01:11 PM Thread Starter

Don't remove Hybrid logo.

I've seen in customizing, some people are removing the hybrid or electric logo. Don't do it, and if possible put it back if you have removed it.

I recently sat in on a firefighter training, and one of the topics was emergency procedures used on electric vehicles. (I was presenting on a different topic)

With cars being made with both gas and electric models, that logo is an important landmark when there's been an accident. Not just for your protection, but also for the way the responders approaches the cars.

There are special precautions that need to be made for electric and hybrid vehicles. By removing the logo, you are putting the responders in danger of using the wrong approach, by either cutting a high voltage wire, or improperly grounding the car.

TLH
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-05-2019, 04:21 PM

Your absolutely RIGHT! I've talked with several firefighters and didn't realize how much training they actually get on hybrid cars. It's very important that not only firefighters but anybody be able to see that you have a hybrid car incase of accident.

Gene Daytona Beach Beach, Fl.
2018 Kia Niro LX 7/11/18-
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-06-2019, 07:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLH1310 View Post
There are special precautions that need to be made for electric and hybrid vehicles. By removing the logo, you are putting the responders in danger of using the wrong approach, by either cutting a high voltage wire, or improperly grounding the car.

TLH
Yep, indeed, Kia has a whole manual detailing emergency procedures for the Niro:

https://www.kia.ca/content/ownership...nd/niro-en.pdf

Hybrids are no joke for first responders. My buddy had on OG Prius, the one that didn't look like a space ship and when he was in an accident the responding firefighters had no idea it was a hybrid, fortunately another friend was there to let them know. They were very appreciative. You definitely do not want to go nuts with the Jaws of Life on a hybrid.
NYKIRO likes this.

Jim
Southern Maryland
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:43 PM

I am proud to drive a hybrid and would never remove any emblems. I did remove all the dealership paraphernalia.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 02:20 PM

My hybrid badge has faded to a silver rectangle. Nothing of my doing, it just faded. NC sun is a powerful thing!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page