Adding OEM Inverter to 2017 Hybrid Touring? - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By atc98092

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 09:49 AM Thread Starter

Adding OEM Inverter to 2017 Hybrid Touring?

I have a 2017 Touring edition and it didn't have the tech package included. Has anyone looked into adding the 120V power inverter into the console? Seems like the parts are all available, but not sure of the difficulty and extent of work required such as vehicle computer update, total center console replacement, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 11:06 AM Thread Starter

Found this repair manual for the AC inverter system which gives all the components and locations.

Kia Niro : AC Inverter System : Body Electrical System

Looks like aside from the socket and inverter, I will just need a new back end to the center console and make sure the wiring harness has the connectors already in place.

What is strange though is that the schematic for the AC socket shows two round holes for a non-US style plug rather than the flat blade type plugs. Will have to make sure I order the right socket type.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
That site is listing European parts. Notice the specs show the output voltage as AC 198 - 242V (rms). That's not the North America power standard. This info may or may not apply to NA cars.
FlNiro likes this.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atc98092 View Post
That site is listing European parts. Notice the specs show the output voltage as AC 198 - 242V (rms). That's not the North America power standard. This info may or may not apply to NA cars.
Thanks. I will look more closely. At least the parts locations is the same and I can get parts through the dealer or on KiaPartsNow.com. Get most of my Honda parts through the HondaPartsNow.com network as well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:43 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiggy1 View Post
Thanks. I will look more closely. At least the parts locations is the same and I can get parts through the dealer or on KiaPartsNow.com. Get most of my Honda parts through the HondaPartsNow.com network as well.
Sounds good. Just make sure the parts are spec'd for North America.

Dan
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.