Is there anything you'd change? - Page 3 - Kia Niro Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-07-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niawst View Post
Just something aesthetic, but I think the car would look much better lower, more like a hatchback instead of being a crossover. The ride height is comfortable but from having a Suburban and also low profile sports cars, it just feels like it would be more naturally lower when I'm driving it or taking it through a turn.
Maybe so, but for me and many others that go for CUV/SUv's is the height as they are easier to get in & out of...besides better forward visibility, and safety, and...
realto likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-08-2017, 12:39 AM

I'd have a locking glove box and a more sensitive horn (you have to really sort of slam it for it to emit any noise), but all in all, I love mine!
post #23 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 12:17 PM

trunk opening

hi

I have Niro EX.. I love it.. I can use in HOV in NY..I have 4500 miles on it...
Only think I dont understand is how trunk opens... I think with all the features it has they could have at least had a trunk button on fob and on door..Or even the foot sensor to open....
post #24 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-19-2017, 09:41 PM

LX Purchase

After much research, I am getting a Niro LX (found a grey metal with lighter gray interior) without the tech package; having managed to drive successfully without having auto-braking or cross-path etc., the car still has more safety feature than my '09 Outback Wagon or nay car prior. Very excited to have a hybrid and really enjoyed my test drive in it today of this one in specific (I have driven the Touring and FE models too). Any last words before I sign on??? Thanks!
post #25 of 85 (permalink) Old 07-22-2017, 09:26 PM

Got the Touring model. LOVE my car!! I especially love the parking alerts. SO helpful! I've used the cooled seats a time or two but not as often as i thought i would. The warmed steering wheel on the other hand? My hands are always cold, even in summer, so I use that quite often.

I only wish there wasn't such a drop in mpg's while using the AC.
post #26 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 12:25 PM

If I had my druthers, the roof rails would be the 3-point style - (as on my former VW or even older Subarus). Thule footings already exist would make things soooo much easier. Still waiting for Thule or Yakima to come out with footings. Kia crossbars go on nicely but none of my existing Thule attachments come close to fitting on them. (yes there are other threads on the roof rack topic)
post #27 of 85 (permalink) Old 08-02-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperbnx View Post
If I had my druthers, the roof rails would be the 3-point style - (as on my former VW or even older Subarus). Thule footings already exist would make things soooo much easier. Still waiting for Thule or Yakima to come out with footings. Kia crossbars go on nicely but none of my existing Thule attachments come close to fitting on them. (yes there are other threads on the roof rack topic)
Agree that the raised vw style is easier to attach an existing Thule rack. As detailed in my posts elsewhere, the U.K. Thule adapter is perfect. I've done over 1000 miles this summer at 70+ mph without any problems.
post #28 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 11:04 PM

I love everything about this car but if I could add one thing, it would be a powered passenger seat with lumbar adjustment just like the driver's seat. My wife complained that the passenger seat is too firm. She has a bad back. Fortunately, I was able to find a good back cushion with lumbar support on Amazon for when she rides with me.
Dovidan likes this.
post #29 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketee4 View Post
I love everything about this car but if I could add one thing, it would be a powered passenger seat with lumbar adjustment just like the driver's seat. My wife complained that the passenger seat is too firm. She has a bad back. Fortunately, I was able to find a good back cushion with lumbar support on Amazon for when she rides with me.
If the option would have been there, I'd have it too.
post #30 of 85 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 03:09 PM

I'm thinking it would be nice if the telescoping steering wheel would telescope 1" further.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page