Is there anything you'd change? - Page 9 - Kia Niro Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 04:35 PM

I prefer cloth seats. More breathable, and easier to sit on in both hot and cold weather. The leather trim doesn't interfere with that comfort, looks cool, and may provide some wear and tear protection when getting in and out of the car. Wasn't available on the mere LX I bought though.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 09:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill401 View Post
Not quite figured out why one would want to have the hatch open with the keyfob. now i did as why there is a section on the keyfob for the hatch that actually does absoluetly nothing. The button is there but doesn't link to anything.
Actually it does have a function. If you hold it for a second the hatch unlocks (leaving the doors locked). Once you close the hatch it locks again. Kind of useful for just dropping stuff off or getting something out of the back without unlocking the doors.

Jim
Southern Maryland
post #83 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphEV View Post
Actually it does have a function. If you hold it for a second the hatch unlocks (leaving the doors locked). Once you close the hatch it locks again. Kind of useful for just dropping stuff off or getting something out of the back without unlocking the doors.
Yup, completely analogous to opening a trunk with a key in older cars. Locked when you shut it.

I never get why some want features from more expensive cars on an economy car. There are other cars if those luxury features are what you want.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #84 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphEV View Post

Well, actually NO. Or not in my car. The latch itself has a small button inside that electrically releases the lock. You need to press that button to open the hatch. Think of it as you have to pull on the door handle to open the car door. If you have your keys in your pocket and you press that button when pulling up on the hatch to open, it will open without unlocking the rest of the car. Likewise, when you close the hatch it will go back into the locked state. You don't need to press any button on the remote to do this.

I guess if you are within remote distance and you want to open the trunk of the car for someone else so they can get into the trunk and not need to think about locking the vehicle after them.. possibly. I have not tried it to know how long it leaves the trunk unlocked so you can open it without having the keys in your possession. Will have to give it a try.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #85 of 85 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 06:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill401 View Post
Well, actually NO. Or not in my car. The latch itself has a small button inside that electrically releases the lock. You need to press that button to open the hatch. Think of it as you have to pull on the door handle to open the car door. If you have your keys in your pocket and you press that button when pulling up on the hatch to open, it will open without unlocking the rest of the car. Likewise, when you close the hatch it will go back into the locked state. You don't need to press any button on the remote to do this.

I guess if you are within remote distance and you want to open the trunk of the car for someone else so they can get into the trunk and not need to think about locking the vehicle after them.. possibly. I have not tried it to know how long it leaves the trunk unlocked so you can open it without having the keys in your possession. Will have to give it a try.
Oh I'm not saying it's not a redundant feature, I'm just saying that's what that button does.

With the car locked hold the button for ~1 sec and the hatch will unlock (you can hear it). I think the four ways flash too, but don't quote me on that. My '15 VW Golf had the same feature, but there it made sense, there was no proximity or hands free unlock on that car.

Jim
Southern Maryland

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page