Dealers - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 12:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPiam View Post
Ferguson Kia Broken Arrow Oklahoma (the very best..we've bought 5 Kia from them in 10 years) Most awarded service dept in the State ...but that doesnt help you in Arizona. I bet you can get these guys down in a touring edition for 25K.

Ferguson Kia | New & Used Kia Sales near Tulsa, OK

Niro Inventory page... New 2017 Kia Niro for Sale near Tulsa, OK | Kia Dealership
Actually, if I were ready to buy a car and they were legit about that $21,825 LX, I would fly there and have nice road trip home. Thanks for the tip.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
Actually, if I were ready to buy a car and they were legit about that $21,825 LX, I would fly there and have nice road trip home. Thanks for the tip.
These guys are very legit....Call and ask for Brennan (nephew in law) ....My other Nephew Steve Hill is the General Manager of the entire GM/Subaru/Kia Dealership....tell them your a friend of Steve's Uncle and you'll be treated like Royalty
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 09:00 PM

I obtained a TrueCar deal with Luther Kia in Minnesota with only a $100 document fee, nothing else added. Price was $26100 for white EX with Sunroof/Advanced Tech Package.
post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPiam View Post
These guys are very legit....Call and ask for Brennan (nephew in law) ....My other Nephew Steve Hill is the General Manager of the entire GM/Subaru/Kia Dealership....tell them your a friend of Steve's Uncle and you'll be treated like Royalty
I will definitely keep them in mind when and if I decide to buy a Kia. It would probably be about a year and a half before I do.

I would still try locally first and if they fail me, I will have someone to fall back on.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-23-2017, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdailey34 View Post
I obtained a TrueCar deal with Luther Kia in Minnesota with only a $100 document fee, nothing else added. Price was $26100 for white EX with Sunroof/Advanced Tech Package.
Nice!
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 02:46 PM

If I buy a car in one state, but live in another, is there an extra fee or penalty?
thanks!
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 08-31-2017, 03:59 PM

Garage
I had good luck with Larry Spradley in Pueblo, CO, working with Jay. Their only extra was a less than $600 dealer handling fee, but they also gave me 3 years of an anti-theft vehicle locator service. I had been looking at an identical Niro seen on TRUECar in Phoenix, but was technically used with 3K miles for less and 5 months older, but when that dealership added on the mandatory paint protectant, tinting, etc, I wasn't really getting such a great deal (and I never got them to show the TRUECar price in their math, they were always $725 higher, even though they assured me they would honor the price). Since I looked into getting the "used" car shipped from Phoenix to Denver, that was looking like about $500-$600 (search: auto-transport quote). You will always have to pay the taxes where the car "lives", so that amount is fixed, but if you don't have so many add-ons, you pay less in tax, too. An out-of-state dealer may not have the local taxes in their price, but you will still pay it one way or the other. If you can avoid the $1100 mandatory add-ons, the transport fee could make sense. I feel Larry Spradley was fair, transparent and honest with everything - and they even delivered my car to Denver, gratis! I did purchase some warranty add-ons, but that was at my discretion and no pressure and subsequent to the agreed price.
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-01-2017, 12:26 PM

lol, "mandantory" paint protectorant, tinting. That's the first I've heard of that. The tinting comes right from the factory. Mine was the legal limit in my state, back windows and hatch are almost blackout shade. Driver/passenger windows tinted less. As far as undercoating/paint protectorant- there is no way I am going to let probably the lowest paid mechanic/worker spray anything on my car. The add on undercoatings often trap moisture and do more damage, same for paint protectorants. The rust proofing/paint coats have all the protection they need from the factory. Washing and occasional waxing keeps it protected.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 12:26 AM

I hate when dealerships do that, how they add on special dealership accessories and junk, and try to tack it on to the final car price.
bicepeak likes this.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherry View Post
If I buy a car in one state, but live in another, is there an extra fee or penalty?
thanks!
I live in NJ near Delaware and Delaware has no sales tax. It's great to buy large $ items like electronics but you can't avoid paying your state's sales tax no matter where you buy it. Whatever state it will be registered in is the sales tax they collect.
realto likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page