Dealers - Page 3 - Kia Niro Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuron View Post
I hate when dealerships do that, how they add on special dealership accessories and junk, and try to tack it on to the final car price.
Pinstripes (seriously, who still likes a pinstripe?), paint protection, tint, mud flaps, door guards, I've seen it all.

The worst of them all is "nitrogen filled tires". How the heck can you prove they filled the tires with nitrogen???? And why would I pay extra for that?
bicepeak likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-03-2017, 08:19 AM

We paid about $2500 less than MSRP... I am not a haggler but I will recommend folks get pricing from multiple dealers and then bring your numbers to the table. It helps.
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 10:17 PM

As of yesterday, I've had my Niro for one month. So far, I am totally satisfied with the purchase and the dealer: Battlefield Kia in Gettysburg, PA. I live in Maryland but could not find a dealer in the whole state that had what I wanted...a Touring w/tech pkg. in deep cerulean and charcoal trim. I was disappointed with my local dealer who tried to get one from Delaware but that didn't work out. So I went online and found the car in Gettysburg. I worked out the numbers on the phone and they matched the offer for my trade so I drove up the next day. When I got there, the Niro was being prepped for delivery. Everything was just as promised...no surprises. There were no dealer markups or added charges. I paid about $2400 below MSRP and took the 0% financing offer. The salesman, manager and staff couldn't have been more friendly. I've bought a lot of cars in 46 years of driving and I can say without a doubt this was the easiest and most stress free car purchase I've ever made! On top of that, it was a beautiful day so I had a very pleasant drive home (about 2 hours using mostly back roads) which gave me plenty of time to get used to the Niro. After a month and 1600 miles, I'm averaging 47 mpg (half city, half highway). One time the readout hit 50 (this is the touring model)! Can't say enough good things about the Niro and the folks at Battlefield Kia...it was worth the trip!
bicepeak likes this.

Last edited by miketee4; 09-11-2017 at 10:19 PM.
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 07:04 PM

We were fortunate in that we had about 8 different dealers to choose from in SoCal - all of them had either 1 or 2 of the exact model/trim/color we wanted. I got VINs and stock#s beforehand, matched Kia's inventory to the dealer's inventory, did the pricing research, used KBB and Truecar, and we ended up paying what we wanted to pay because we had a lot of choice and were able to use that as leverage.

Unfortunately we had to fight for our pricing, and I had to be a little bit of a harass, and the sales guys and managers at this dealer were using every high pressure sales tactic in the book, in addition to trying to add-in all kinds of stuff including an entire dealer package that they invented, that they claim was auto-installed on every car on the lot, which added $2500 to the price with no choice to opt out. I refused that, refused everything else, and told them they could either meet my price or I would walk because there were 7 other dealers with 9 other identical Niros on their lots within driving distance.

A sales person, then a manager, then a branch manager later, and we paid what I wanted to pay for it, which was about $4500 under msrp. It was a fight though, and they were kicking and screaming the whole way. Not a pleasant experience, but we didn't overpay, which is the most important part. I imagine it would have been a more pleasant experience if I had just smiled and paid what they were asking, but I don't enjoy being screwed any more than anybody else.

2018 Kia Niro
EX Premium
Metal Stream
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-15-2018, 11:56 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
we paid what I wanted to pay for it, which was about $4500 under msrp.

Good for you, Up here in Canada, it's the MSPR price.. and it's KIa Canada that rules this part for now. The reason is because the Niro's are VERY rare into the dealer's yard.! So rare that i had to wait 2 more week's to just have my delivery on this friday.. MY Niro was the only one on the lot. They said they had too keep it so other people can see the car, sit in it.. and order one.. i have told the sales rep to not make ANY test drive with it.. i know the millage on it.! and if it has changed on friday, i will ask for a compensation.!

BUT, for compesation, they gived me more $$ in exchange for my 2013 Rio5.. 3500$ (Can$) more than the listed used car price. It is the only way dealers can manage a better deal over here.. and oil changes for life .. hahaha

Eric, The Canadian Guy !!

Kia Niro 2019 - PHEV SX - Snow White Pearl (9000 km)

Kia Niro 2018 - HEV EX 9000 km - Ocean Blue (Deep Cerulean) 6 months of pure pleasure.!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by lafe005; 05-15-2018 at 11:58 PM.
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-16-2018, 07:41 PM

Oh, interesting. Yeah I'm not sure what Niro inventory is like in other part of the US or Canada, but here in So Cal we are FLOODED with Niros. Every dealer here, even smaller ones, have 6-7 Niros on the lot, if not more. In fact when we started checking them out, we went to a dealer that had a MARKUP on them. $5,000 markup on every Niro, for no reason. And guess what? All of them were 2017 models, and they had all been sitting so long all of their batteries were dead.

Dear dealers: Nobody is paying your ridiculous markup. But yeah, come down to SoCal if you want to see a plethora of Niros. I'm grateful for the wealth of model because that's what allowed me to pay what I wanted.

2018 Kia Niro
EX Premium
Metal Stream
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
Oh, interesting. Yeah I'm not sure what Niro inventory is like in other part of the US or Canada, but here in So Cal we are FLOODED with Niros. Every dealer here, even smaller ones, have 6-7 Niros on the lot, if not more. In fact when we started checking them out, we went to a dealer that had a MARKUP on them. $5,000 markup on every Niro, for no reason. And guess what? All of them were 2017 models, and they had all been sitting so long all of their batteries were dead.

Dear dealers: Nobody is paying your ridiculous markup. But yeah, come down to SoCal if you want to see a plethora of Niros. I'm grateful for the wealth of model because that's what allowed me to pay what I wanted.
I'm not surprised, I think CA is Toyota Prius territory culturally. Over here on the East Coast Niros sell pretty well, as do IONIQs. I see quite a few IONIQs on the road up here, and it's near impossible to get PHEV Niros. Regular Niros are easier, but still no problem selling them.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 01:50 PM

I had a great experience buying my plug-in from Wagner Kia in Shrewsbury Mass. They didn't try to upsell anything except a very soft sell on an extended warranty. Whole thing took about an hour including a test drive, very easy, low pressure. I didn't bargain much, just asked them to match the same price that two other local dealers had given, and they did.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 06:16 PM

xaqtly do you mind me asking what you paid. We are looking to get one soon an LX with advanced tech package. Thanks!
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 06:16 PM

We are also in so cal and it would be nice to know what dealership you went to.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page