Dealers - Page 4 - Kia Niro Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerniro View Post
xaqtly do you mind me asking what you paid. We are looking to get one soon an LX with advanced tech package. Thanks!
Same car, about $3,000 off of MRSP with an assist from Truecar.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 03:49 PM

Quote:
xaqtly do you mind me asking what you paid. We are looking to get one soon an LX with advanced tech package. Thanks!
Quote:
We are also in so cal and it would be nice to know what dealership you went to.
Sure - we paid $28,500 for a Niro EX w/Premium package, Metal Stream gray. MSRP was somewhere in the $32,500 range, almost $35000 with the dealer-added security/tint package added to it. We bought it from Kia of Orange, which is the closest dealer to where we live. Our price was before taxes, not out the door.

Kia of Orange is a very small, very cramped dealer, and they use very high pressure sales tactics and will try to add in a bunch of dealer-driven options to get you to pay more. I don't recommend them, but if you want to buy from them they will probably meet your price if you push back hard enough, and maybe hit them at the end of the month because they need to meet their quotas and will be more willing to deal. All that being said, the finance guys were very nice, as was our salesperson - we only really got the grief and the high pressure from the managers.

Kia of Garden Grove is the one that had something like 8 2017 Niros with $5k markups sitting on their lot, all with dead batteries. I imagine they would cut you a **** of a deal on one of those, at this point. They're also a pretty small, cramped dealer.

Kia of Cerritos was a very large, very nice dealer. They also had $4k markups on their Niros for some reason. But they're a considerably nicer dealer than the first two, for whatever that's worth. Obviously don't ever pay a markup. SoCal is flooded with Niros.

2018 Kia Niro
EX Premium
Metal Stream
post #33 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post

Kia of Garden Grove is the one that had something like 8 2017 Niros with $5k markups sitting on their lot, all with dead batteries. I imagine they would cut you a **** of a deal on one of those, at this point. They're also a pretty small, cramped dealer.
What do you mean by dead batteries? How can they sell them like that?
post #34 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olimpiaKIA View Post
What do you mean by dead batteries? How can they sell them like that?
Dead as a doornail. We couldn't use the key fobs to open any of the doors, they had no power. I mean they just need a jump and time to charge back up, but it shows how long they've been sitting on the lot. There's nothing wrong with them per se, they just need a little maintenance. But since they're 2017 models they will have to sell them well below original MSRP to get them off the lot.

2018 Kia Niro
EX Premium
Metal Stream
post #35 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaqtly View Post
Dead as a doornail. We couldn't use the key fobs to open any of the doors, they had no power. I mean they just need a jump and time to charge back up, but it shows how long they've been sitting on the lot. There's nothing wrong with them per se, they just need a little maintenance. But since they're 2017 models they will have to sell them well below original MSRP to get them off the lot.
How exactly would you jump it when it doesn't have a 12v battery? Genuinely curious here, I figured they couldnt jump or be jumped.
post #36 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npaladin2000 View Post
How exactly would you jump it when it doesn't have a 12v battery? Genuinely curious here, I figured they couldnt jump or be jumped.
I had to google it, but here:

Quote:
Emergency Starting
Before Jump Starting
1. If the vehicle appears to have a dead battery, first press the 12V Battery Reset button (A). Then immediately start the vehicle by pressing the brake and turning the ignition on or pressing the Engine Start/Stop button.
2. If the vehicle does not start after completing the above steps, then jump start the vehicle (as described below).
Jump Starting
Do not attempt to jump start the high voltage battery, it cannot be jump started. In case of full discharge of the high voltage battery, the vehicle must be towed as mentioned on the previous page.
In case the 12V auxiliary battery is discharged, connect a starting device to the jump terminal in the engine room as you would any 12V battery (see image). Refer to “Emergency Starting” of Owner’s Manual for additional information. Connect jumper cables in numerical order and disconnect in reverse order.

Electrocution Risk
Do not attempt to jump start the Niro high voltage battery.
Kia Niro Emergency Rescue Guide

2018 Kia Niro
EX Premium
Metal Stream
post #37 of 38 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 08:44 AM

The car cannot function without the 12 V system - which sends commands to the high voltage system. "Jumping" allows your car to "turn on". I've run the 12 V battery down once due to a malfunctioning OBD device, the recharge button on the dash refilled the 12 V (effectively jumping it) fine allowing me to drive.
extech67 and Xaqtly like this.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #38 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-03-2018, 04:47 PM

Dyer Kia in Lake Wales, FL will take a $6000 down payment on a 4600 mile demonstrator 2017 FE selling for $21000. Your payment will be $340 per month at 72 months and final payback, with the down payment, will be over $29000...for an untitled used FE. Happy Shopping!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page