Dealers - Kia Niro Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Dealers

Does anyone know of a dealer ANYWHERE in the country that doesn't slap on extra stuff to jack up the price. All I want is a "clean" car with basic pricing. Ok, I may accept widow tint, but paint protectant.... puleeze!

I am willing to fly just about anywhere to get that .

Any dealer suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 12:08 AM

Consider yourself lucky if all you get is "extra stuff" to jack up the price.

In my area, dealers are adding between $2,500 and $3,000 of pure additional profit, calling it "market value adjustment" or something like that.

I refuse to pay more than MSRP, which is why I am still Niro-less.

Good luck!
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bicepeak View Post
Does anyone know of a dealer ANYWHERE in the country that doesn't slap on extra stuff to jack up the price. All I want is a "clean" car with basic pricing. Ok, I may accept widow tint, but paint protectant.... puleeze!

Any dealer suggestions?
What state are you in?
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
What state are you in?
Arizona
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 11:22 AM

My dealer in Turnersville, NJ did not have any add ons to my Touring. I paid extra for all weather mats and the cargo tray but it came with no pin stripes, window tint, paint protection or anything else.
sundayt likes this.
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-14-2017, 05:33 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Niro View Post
My dealer in Turnersville, NJ did not have any add ons to my Touring. I paid extra for all weather mats and the cargo tray but it came with no pin stripes, window tint, paint protection or anything else.
Cool...but that would be a big drive home for me.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-15-2017, 06:34 PM

Nothing extra when I bought (Rusty Wallace Dealer in Knoxville) in FEB. Except the $595 service charge I did not pay attention to on the final contract. GROAN

That said, I was in their for first Service at 6000 miles and looking around - I saw some extra adjustments on some cars (was not looking at NIRO - just walking around). I commented to a salesmen that walked by and got a "Some places add more."

OK THEN, GUESS IT IS OK. Like Heck !!! Nothing like capitalistic greed.
sundayt likes this.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:

Any dealer suggestions?
Have decided to delay any possible purchases for a year and a half, but hope this thread about dealers and adding extras will continue. It will be good to know when the time comes.

I should add that a dealer recently agreed to take off all extra costs, but it still is not in my desired price range.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Have decided to delay any possible purchases for a year and a half, but hope this thread about dealers and adding extras will continue. It will be good to know when the time comes.

I should add that a dealer recently agreed to take off all extra costs, but it still is not in my desired price range.
By agreeing to take off all extra costs that they tack on to the MSRP, I guess some dealers think potential buyers will be lulled into believing they're getting a great deal by paying JUST MSRP. Never mind that Niros in some parts of the country apparently sell for thousands LESS than MSRP, at least according to many posts here.

Sorry, Kia dealers, but I'm not playing your games. You could sell me a Niro today at a fair price, but I'll wait until they're no longer so much in demand that you can overcharge for them.

Who knows, maybe something better will come along by then...
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-18-2017, 07:39 PM

Quote:

Any dealer suggestions?
Ferguson Kia Broken Arrow Oklahoma (the very best..we've bought 5 Kia from them in 10 years) Most awarded service dept in the State ...but that doesnt help you in Arizona. I bet you can get these guys down in a touring edition for 25K.

Ferguson Kia | New & Used Kia Sales near Tulsa, OK

Niro Inventory page... http://www.fergusonkia.com/2017-kia-niro.htm

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page