Harman/Kardon premium surround sound - reviews? - Kia Niro Forum
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 01:41 PM Thread Starter

Harman/Kardon premium surround sound - reviews?

Anyone have any feedback on the Harman/Kardon premium surround sound in the Niro? Also, does anyone know if it can be an added option to the EX? thnx!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 04:15 PM

Only touring models come with eight-speaker Harman/Kardon system.

In my opinion, it's spectacular sound system. I spent some time playing around with the equalizer and now it sounds fantastic.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Run View Post
Only touring models come with eight-speaker Harman/Kardon system.

In my opinion, it's spectacular sound system. I spent some time playing around with the equalizer and now it sounds fantastic.
That is incorrect. The 2018 EX with Premium Package comes with the Harman/Kardon speakers. I think it sounds good, certainly better than stock, but mind blowing-no.
KK6PD likes this.
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-30-2017, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernando View Post
That is incorrect. The 2018 EX with Premium Package comes with the Harman/Kardon speakers. I think it sounds good, certainly better than stock, but mind blowing-no.
My bad. Didn't know that owners of EX Premium Package have Harmon Kardon system too. Are you one of those owners?
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-01-2017, 02:48 PM

I have Harman/Kardon in my 2018 EX Niro. The system sounds amazing so far, however, sometimes it feels like it's not loud enough. Does anyone else notice that?
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Run View Post
My bad. Didn't know that owners of EX Premium Package have Harmon Kardon system too. Are you one of those owners?
No, I have the 2017 Touring, I just happen to remember seeing that when I glanced at the 2018 models.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 02:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
I have Harman/Kardon in my 2018 EX Niro. The system sounds amazing so far, however, sometimes it feels like it's not loud enough. Does anyone else notice that?
Not really, mine is capable of more than sufficient sound pressure levels to get the point across....
I listen to my plugged in iPod that has 47Gb of my tunes on it, never hear a song repeat for weeks, unless I dial it up myself!
It's actually not a bad unit, not worth ripping it out! It beats the standard system by quite a bit!

Time will tell....

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 10:55 AM

Some people I spoke to suggest that getting sound proofing done would go a long way to improve the system but then again the same thing can be said for most sound systems. It's just about the best thing you can do for sound quality, not always is changing or adding components the best route.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-22-2017, 09:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Some people I spoke to suggest that getting sound proofing done would go a long way to improve the system but then again the same thing can be said for most sound systems. It's just about the best thing you can do for sound quality, not always is changing or adding components the best route.
Sound proofing will always add to the clarity, but not help with SPL. My EX is actually quite quiet, but if I want to rip out the interior and wrap it in Acousti-Mat it would get quieter. Road noise is a bitch, my Gen II Prius was noisier than I ever cared for, but I was unwilling to rip it out. Since this is so much quieter than a Gen II, I doubt that I will, but that being said, if you want to go for it, take lots of pics and write it up. It would make a great post here, and might even spark some motivation in myself and others to follow suite!!
Alex likes this.

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 12-23-2017, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KK6PD View Post
Sound proofing will always add to the clarity, but not help with SPL. My EX is actually quite quiet, but if I want to rip out the interior and wrap it in Acousti-Mat it would get quieter. Road noise is a bitch, my Gen II Prius was noisier than I ever cared for, but I was unwilling to rip it out. Since this is so much quieter than a Gen II, I doubt that I will, but that being said, if you want to go for it, take lots of pics and write it up. It would make a great post here, and might even spark some motivation in myself and others to follow suite!!
Its one thing I am considering doing myself but at the same time I fear breaking any clips, mounting points and even some panels. Once I get a Niro, shopping around for prices will be the first order of tasks. A shop familiar with Kia's typical approach to installing an interior will be valuable.
KK6PD likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page