Things That Could Be Improved With a Software Update - Page 2 - Kia Niro Forum
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-31-2019, 09:26 PM

I would like a heavier weight for the steering wheel too. And it would be an easy software fix.
viperman_69 likes this.

2019 Kia Niro PHEV, EX Premium

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 05:09 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by achr View Post
All these suggestions are related to the onboard BEEPERS.

1. Disengage the Front Parking Sensors when the vehicle is in Reverse. I use this feature all the time because our driveway is just long enough to fit 2 vehicles if they are parked VERY close together so the sensors work great for that. However, it is annoying the next time I go move the vehicle. Obviously, I'm going to be moving backward so temporarily disengage the front parking sensors when the vehicle is in reverse. Thank-you!
This one is easy, just use the console button near the shifter to toggle the parking sensors off/on when reversing out of your driveway.

Sometimes my front sensors go batty while in stop and go traffic and pick up the car in front of me. That button has been a sanity saver!
Dovidan likes this.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 01:15 PM

Is there a way to disable the rear sensing sensor when backing up?

2019 Kia Niro PHEV, EX Premium

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 02:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverFlash View Post
Sometimes my front sensors go batty while in stop and go traffic and pick up the car in front of me. That button has been a sanity saver!
I am not sure how sensitive your system is, in my EV the front sensors don't beep until you are 1m (40") away from the object. In stop and go traffic this is pretty close! I am sure if you would drive like this in our city, you would likely induce road rage for tailgating.

Peter

Current:2019 Niro EV SX Touring
Past:2018 Niro Hybrid EX Premium

Previously mostly German ICE cars…
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-03-2019, 02:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritwalker2222 View Post
Is there a way to disable the rear sensing sensor when backing up?
Yes, the switch is on the center console.

Peter

post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 05:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbodifee View Post
I am not sure how sensitive your system is, in my EV the front sensors don't beep until you are 1m (40") away from the object. In stop and go traffic this is pretty close! I am sure if you would drive like this in our city, you would likely induce road rage for tailgating.
I don't tailgate so I think my sensors are either a) dirty (easy to fix) b) overly sensitive or c) misaligned or something. It doesn't happen all the time. Maybe once a week or every other week.

Paul
2019 Kia Niro PHEV EX Premium Silky Silver
2016 Mazda CX-5 GT Soul Red

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverFlash View Post
I don't tailgate so I think my sensors are either a) dirty (easy to fix) b) overly sensitive or c) misaligned or something. It doesn't happen all the time. Maybe once a week or every other week.
This whole conversation triggered me to do some more discovery and testing, since I never have the 'annoying' beeping in traffic. I usually have the parking distance warning off (LED indicator on switch is not lit up). When I put the car in reverse the system switches on. I do a lot of parallel parking so this is quite common. When moving forward after a reverse during parking, the systems front sensors do their work. When I drive off the system will switch off at a certain speed (haven't determined which speed). Despite that the manual for the EV is a great improvement (layout, readability) over the HEV/PHEV manual, this is not well described.

All in all I find that all of the system's functionality work very intuitively and are hands off. So the automation does its work. My only gripe is that the AUTO HOLD doesn't persist over an off/on cycle. So that is the only manual thing I need to do when I start a trip (besides starting the car ).

Peter

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-06-2019, 09:33 PM

Garage
Ttcbi

The 2014+ Soul has selectable steering. 3 settings. Firm, Normal, and comfort. Maybe they incorporate that into the niro, Same electric steering.
viperman_69 likes this.

SRSSR

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page