The Kia Niro is a Dirt Magnet - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By cockedandglocked

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

The Kia Niro is a Dirt Magnet

We love our Niro but man, is it hard to keep clean. We may end up spending half our fuel cost savings on car washes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 01:10 AM

Garage
That's exactly why I bought the silver (pewter? Dark gray?? Whatever color that is). They only had that, and black in stock. I said, "I'll take the one that isn't black, whatever it is"... My other car is black, and it looks filthy if I don't wash it every other day. Didn't want to deal with that again. My kia, whatever color they call it, doesn't show dirt too bad. Only needs a wash maybe every couple weeks, and it would be way less if I garaged it.

Look into monthly-membership car washes. There are a few in my area where for about $25 a month you can take your car through as often as you want.
drewesque likes this.

2018 PHEV
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 09:45 AM

The rear end is really bad, and the rear window should just have been painted body color because it gets so dirty you cant see out of it!

Oh, and you'd think that Kia could come up with a dirt resistant back-up camera lens!!!!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 10:14 AM

I went through **** with my previous car being black. It looked amazing clean but in the S. Florida sun, the clear coat got baked away, so I said never again. I wanted to get a white Niro, but there wasnít much choice in color for the 2018s when I was looking. We almost got silver, but my daughter chose the metallic gray instead. Itís kind of a middle ground between silver and black. I wasnít sold on the silver but it was the lightest color choice available. So far it hasnít been too bad other than the back window. The vortices kicked up by the rear must suck the dirt back on to the car. At least the window is small so thereís not a lot of surface area to clean.

2018 HEV Niro EX Metal Stream with Advanced Tech Package
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-07-2018, 02:27 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nouseformonkeys View Post
I went through **** with my previous car being black. It looked amazing clean but in the S. Florida sun, the clear coat got baked away, so I said never again. I wanted to get a white Niro, but there wasnít much choice in color for the 2018s when I was looking. We almost got silver, but my daughter chose the metallic gray instead. Itís kind of a middle ground between silver and black. I wasnít sold on the silver but it was the lightest color choice available. So far it hasnít been too bad other than the back window. The vortices kicked up by the rear must suck the dirt back on to the car. At least the window is small so thereís not a lot of surface area to clean.
I guess that's what mine is, metallic gray. It's dark, but doesn't show dirt like black does. I know, because my neighbor has a black Niro that he parks right next to mine every day. His always looks filthy, while mine usually looks clean, even though if you inspect them closely you'll see they usually have the same amount of dirt on them.

2018 PHEV
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-08-2018, 10:59 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
They say that to get something clean, then something else must get dirty, but can you get everything dirty without getting anything clean?

I guess you must have very clean roads down south with all the Niro's driving around sucking up all the dirt onto their back windows.

2018 Niro EX - Ocean Blue
GTA - Canada.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-09-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadkill401 View Post
I guess you must have very clean roads down south with all the Niro's driving around sucking up all the dirt onto their back windows.
Na, we just keep making more dirt to replace the dirt stuck to back windows. Its a never-ending job!