Tire Pressure Sensor - Kia Niro Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By PAULRIDES
  • 1 Post By NJ Niro

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 10:35 AM Thread Starter

Tire Pressure Sensor

Two warning lights came on this week. They both had to do with a tire with low pressure. Filled the tire up and the warning lights did not go out. Three days later the warning lights went out but not before we made an appointment with the dealer. Anyone else have this problem? Also in filling the tire there is a delay in the TPS system to change the pressure. You really need to have a calibrated air pump to set the pressure on the pump. Trying to hit the exact pressure looking at the dash was a pain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 06:23 PM

Yeah I think your expecting the TPMS to do too much. The manual says itís intended to warn you of very under inflated tires and does not replace standard checks. The manual is probably underselling itís accuracy but itís not meant to replace a handheld tire pressure and certainly isnít nearly as convenient. Considering you can pick up an analog one for $5 and a digital one for $20, I would do so.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-03-2017, 10:32 PM

in a Touring, use the page button, I think it's the 4th of 5th click it will tell you the tire pressure of each tire.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 12:37 PM

TPMS...the M stands for MONITORING, not indicating.

Use an off-the-shelf tire pressure gauge and not the monitor.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 02:18 PM

After having a flat a short time ago, I've been watching my tire pressure very close (Yes I bought a spare time now). I noticed my TMPS pressures are spot on to my manual gage. I also noticed that the TPMS system like to have the tires at least 35 psi.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-04-2017, 07:55 PM

Pressure reading on car is right on with a regular tire gauge.

Right now I have 37 front and 38 rear (cause I set rear pressures before a Thanksgiving Trip when had car loaded and I had noticed one tire down a couple pounds from the others).

I typically keep at just under 40PSI (around 38).
hackenfort likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 12:54 PM

I got the warning light yesterday, coincidentally when our AM temps were about 25 degrees. It only showed the left front being low, but the PSI was only one pound less than the others, and after driving, they all came up to the same level. The warning never stopped flashing for the left front so I put some air in. The monitor registered the pressure increase but the warning still won't go off. All tires have the same pressure, but it is flashing that the front left is low. This is really annoying and not something I would have expected on a car less than 5 months old.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiedurst View Post
I got the warning light yesterday, coincidentally when our AM temps were about 25 degrees. It only showed the left front being low, but the PSI was only one pound less than the others, and after driving, they all came up to the same level. The warning never stopped flashing for the left front so I put some air in. The monitor registered the pressure increase but the warning still won't go off. All tires have the same pressure, but it is flashing that the front left is low. This is really annoying and not something I would have expected on a car less than 5 months old.
Just bump all the tires to 38 and you won't have to worry about it.
jerp777 likes this.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page