Car can be left in Drive - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 07:05 AM Thread Starter

Car can be left in Drive

I have a 2017 KIA Niro which i like a lot, especially the low fuel consumption.

But I had a few scary encounters with a feature I don't like at all. One can stop the car, remove the key and get out while the car is in "Drive" rather than in "Park". At least once this caused a near crash as the car started to move back out of my driveway into the street while another car approached.

In the Honda Insight I drove before the key couldn't be removed if the car was not in "Park".

Can anything be done about that?

All the best

Emanuel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-08-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmanuelBinnun View Post
I have a 2017 KIA Niro which i like a lot, especially the low fuel consumption.

But I had a few scary encounters with a feature I don't like at all. One can stop the car, remove the key and get out while the car is in "Drive" rather than in "Park". At least once this caused a near crash as the car started to move back out of my driveway into the street while another car approached.

In the Honda Insight I drove before the key couldn't be removed if the car was not in "Park".

Can anything be done about that?

All the bestl
Many of the Niros (including mine) are push button start, so this is not something they could do anything about. You can jump out the door with the key in your pocket while going 70 mpg down the freeway if you want (or toss the key out the window).

I believe in the 2017s (not sure about the 2018s) only the FE was not push button start. On the FE maybe Kia could do something about it, but you'd have to make the suggestion to them.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page