Rattle in cargo area perhaps the hatch? - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Rattle in cargo area perhaps the hatch?

Hi everyone just joined the forum and this is my first post. I have under 100 miles on my Niro and it's got a hard to find noise coming from the rear interior of the vehicle.
It is pretty consistent on rough roads. I'll get the dealer to look when I get my first oil change but that won't be till February.
Anyone experience interior noises that they have fixed? Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:51 AM

Check that the stryofoam insert on top of the spare tire well is secure.

Also check in the hatch area for leftover packaging material that the dealer might have missed. It will look like a shiny area but is really stick-on clear plastic film. It makes other things slide around. If there is any around the area where the cargo cover is mounted, it might be causing some panels to move.

All-in-all, this is one quiet vehicle!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 12:09 PM Thread Starter

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll be checking in a couple of days. Having a little blizzard here in NYC today.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 02:12 PM

Are you getting an oil change next month? You must be doing a lot of driving as it isn't required until 7,500 miles.
ricky rio likes this.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 05:50 PM

A prior post had a knocking noise do a right rear stabilizer link. I also occasionally hear something also back there in the right rear corner Let us know if they find anything.
https://www.kianiroforum.com/forum/25474-post58.html
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 11:27 PM Thread Starter

The dealer threw in free oil changes for a year. They do them on a schedule. I'll take a free oil change even if it's early.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 09:45 PM

Cargo cover is the culprit

Rattling noises stopped after removing the cargo cover.

Not sure if the cargo cover is defective. Does anyone think that I should take it to the dealer for a replacement?
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaNiro2018! View Post

Not sure if the cargo cover is defective. Does anyone think that I should take it to the dealer for a replacement?
We have an 2017 EX w/cargo cover, there has been a rattling noise a few times but I always assumed it was the stuff stored in the built in storage wells, i.e. washer fluid, glass cleaner etc.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-14-2018, 11:34 PM

Garage
I bought the spare tire kit, as a result I threw some of the existing foam away, and used the new foam insert that came with the tire. Fits perfectly and no rattles at all! In the top level foam storage unit I store my 18" breaker bar & Torque wrench, I got some foam, cut out the area for the wrenches. That sits in one of the long slots perfectly. But no rattles, I but then I can't even hear the back up beep either!

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-15-2018, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiaNiro2018! View Post
I have the same issue occasionally, but only if I have the windows open when going down the highway. The cargo cover has a tendency to be loose from what I've found, so any weight on top of it should stop the rattle.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page