Change from D to P in the automatic transmission - Kia Niro Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By KK6PD

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-22-2018, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Change from D to P in the automatic transmission

Hello,

When I change from D to P sometimes I hear the sound of a seemingly like spinning wheel.

Have you heard something like this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-31-2018, 12:37 PM

Not if my foot is on the brake.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

What if foot is on the brake and sometimes I hear that sound like "spinning wheel"?
Also sometimes if I start engine and foot is on the brake I hear very fast "spinning wheel"?
Is it normal for automatic transsmision?

Regards,
CaMeL
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 04:45 PM

Garage
Try not to listen to Blood Sweat & Teas when you drive, I never did like that song.....
Dovidan likes this.

73's de Pat KK6PD

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 09:23 AM

Is it the fuel pump starting up? Since the car isn't making any engine noise, that may be what you are hearing. If the car is running, you can't hear the fuel pump.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 11:26 PM

Yes I hear it, it COULD be the cooling fan in the back, that is below the rear seat housing, you will see a vent, that is designed to vent out the hot air generated by the hybrid battery..... I've read that "clicking" is normal on start up for dual clutch transmission cars, and I've never heard that but the "spinning" , yes, I have, and although i would like to think it is the hybrid battery cooling fan I tend to think the sound is coming from around the shifter or under the hood, or under the dash...........hard to say, but it's obviously not a problem and something is doing what its supposed to do I guess.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2018, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Yes it i seems that sound comes from the front of the car, even if the brake is pressed firmly somethimes I hear it.
For me it looks like it is related with gear transmission but this "spinning wheel" maybe you are right that it is cooling fan..hmm
The fact is that everything works despite this.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2018, 02:14 PM Thread Starter

Hi,

Today while driving I observed that when I stopped the car and changed gear from D to P some mechanic noice from the front of the car is heard (it is sometimes).
It is like rubbing metal against metal (stopping circle) but my leg all the time is on the brake.

Did you hear something as well?

Regards,
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 07:39 AM Thread Starter

Hello,

When I hold the brake firmly pressed and switch from D to P and vice versa, this "spinning wheel" is not audible.
On the other hand, when I start the engine with the brake firmly pressed, I sometimes hear this effect and a slight jerk of the car, as if something from the gearbox.
What can it be? I was at the service but they didn't hear anything like that and it makes me wonder.

Has anyone had such a symptom?

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page