tripmeter/odometer - Kia Niro Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 PM Thread Starter

tripmeter/odometer

I'm about 800 miles into my 2018 Niro, and it's OK, not perfect but Ok, and it's more or less what I expected. But I've had a very hard time in learning how to use this car, and the dealer hasn't been very useful. The owners manuals are crap, nearly useless. What good is all this tech if I can't use it!

My present question is how to access the tripmeter. I realize I'm suppose to scroll through the various screens, no trouble there, but I can't find any of the screens or the sub screens that say anything about the tripmeter.

The manual tells me to press the OK button to reset the tripmeter when the tripmeter is displayed, but how do I get the tripmeter to display?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 07:14 PM

On your steering wheel, where you find that OK button/lever on the right side: just above that is a button with a text image on it (the other button says cruise). That cycles through several screens on the center dashboard. Each screen has multiple displays you access with that OK lever (up and down). I'd suggest going through all of them. There are two trip odometers that can be zeroed independently by depressing the OK button without going up or down.

2018 Kia LX HEV Metal Stream with Advanced Tech
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 07:17 PM

It’s a little hard to describe in words but I’ll give it a shot. There’s a button on the steering wheel (probably next to “cruise”) which looks like a piece of paper and it moves you between about 5 menus with different sets of content.

The first is a little car icon, there’s also a wrench and a gear. When you press that button you move between them as shown by which one is brighter.

Then on each set you can push the up/down control (that says “ok” on it) to switch between screen options. Which one you’re on is shown by the little highlighted dots on the right.

Go to the first menu (with the car icon) and then move down to (typically) the second and third screens within it to see the trip meters.

If you push the up/down/ok control in that functions as “ok” to reset the meter.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 11:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks

Re tripmeter

I had gone through all the screens and options several times several but I didn't even realize the "home" screen had sub sets in it. But thanks to 'fredct' I tried it out and found the tripmeters and for a few hours all is in well in my world. Also, I found a few other interesting screens in that menu, like a digital speedometer.

Anybody out there know of a Niro online owners manual, maybe one with a search function?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigreddog View Post
Re tripmeter

I had gone through all the screens and options several times several but I didn't even realize the "home" screen had sub sets in it. But thanks to 'fredct' I tried it out and found the tripmeters and for a few hours all is in well in my world. Also, I found a few other interesting screens in that menu, like a digital speedometer.

Anybody out there know of a Niro online owners manual, maybe one with a search function?
Try Kia Niro Owners and Service manuals online
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 11:16 AM

There is also a playlist on YouTube with official Niro guides:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...2dcWnjUd0xqBYQ
Among them some regarding the trip computer.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page